What's new

Final List of Parts Need For Adire Alignment Sub? (1 Viewer)

Hey,
I am just getting ready to order the last of my needs. With some luck I will have it done by Christmas :) What I need from you is some parts help. I already have the amp, the mdf is in my garage, and the driver will soon to be on its way.

So far I planning on getting:
Precision Port 3" Flared Port Tube Kit - x2
Cherry Vinyl Laminate 2' x 10' Roll - Possibly x2

Except for the proper tools, wood glue, and feet what else do I need? I'm not sure if the correct wiring I need with it etc, etc, please help :) Also, is polyfill needed? On Adire's website it says 64 is recommended but on parts express I'll be paying approx. $35 for how much I need :x

Thanks,
Kevin

If the driver has dual voice coils, you may need some 12G speaker wire to run them in parallel. (Lowes)

Get Polyfil at Wal-Mart...$3 for 20oz bag. (Wal-Mart)

Caulk to seal up seams. (Lowes)

Closed-Cell foam to seal the driver and ports. (Lowes)

Brian Pokosh

Agent
Where would I find the Closed-Cell foam at Lowes, and what exactly is it? I'm also picking up some of the finals items I'll need for my tempest, and will be making a trip to Lowes soon for MDF (no local store).

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
If you're getting a plate amp, you can mount the plate amp into your subwoofer box and connect it to the driver. But if you plan on using an external amp, you'll need a speaker terminal. ($5)

You'll need screws to mount the driver, glue for the pvc ports, and connectors or solder to parallel wire the driver. (Connect positive to positive and negative to negative on the driver, then connect driver to the amp) 3 feet of 12ga wire should be enough for the internal parallel wiring. You may need more if the amp is far away from the driver.

Parts express sells flexible rubber gasket sealer that can be used instead of closed cell foam and I think it's less than a dollar. I got some free from them along with screws when I ordered some parts and it works pretty well.

You'll need a subwoofer RCA cable if you plan on connecting it to the LFE channel of your receiver.

At walmart you can buy a 5lb box of polyfill for like $5-7. If not available, try a local fabric store.

Good luck

Brian Pokosh

Agent
About the Precision Port 3" Flared Port Tube Kit listed above, does anyone know what size cutout that requires?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks