What's new

Final Fantasy XI released today (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I tried to create a character on Unicorn using the create/delete method, but gave up after 10 tries or so. Thankfully, Kong has given me a pass so I should be able to get on tonight (not sure how long I'll actually play). Romier, I hope you can get over there as well - especially since it doesn't sound like you will be with the game too long :). I can't guarantee anything past 11.29 myself...

I'm slightly tempted to go ahead and do a mage class, but my plan had been to do an Elvaan Warrior. I could go from that to Ranger, though I'm thinking Dark Knight may be my eventual goal.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Do read the URL I gave that helps with class combo'ing. You want to maximize your class combo. So read up on it and it shall help you figure out a good combo with your ultimate end :)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I've checked that job/subjob essay out - very helpful. GameFAQS has a couple of other ones that gave me some more info on classes and abilities as well.

Leads to a question. I've heard that when you change classes, it's basically like starting completely over. You don't carry stats or HPs, etc. over to your new class. Is this correct? I was told the only things that do come to the new class with you are abilities and such. So, if this is correct, I could start as a Thief, get to level 15 for Treasure Hunter, then change to some other job and still keep Treasure Hunter? If this is true, it does seem like there would be incentive to try a number of different classes to get various abilities.

Kong -
Thanks for the world pass. I got my character started but didn't even sit through the opening dialogue last night. I'm hoping to get a little time in this evening.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
James,

Thankfully it worked. I was afraid I wrote the number down wrong.

Yes, you do keep abilities but you start from scratch from level 1. You do however keep your guild levels though, so those don't go down.

It takes forever to level up one level in any guild. Lots of time and investment into it.

You can make a killing if you can make bronze armor for newbies to afford. However that's not possible at this time and stage unfortunately. :frowning:

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well just under 2 weeks, and I'm past where I was in the beta (which means I don't know exactly where we should hunt ;/)

But I hit 31 White Mage last night, so today I need to work on Black Mage, it's only 12 right now :-/

How are the rest of you doing :)

Ben_Hud

Stunt Coordinator
ya i did the same thing as romier, delete and remake over and over for like 45 min and my friend did it for 3 hours to get on diabolos. pretty nice game im only lvl 6 but frustrating if your friend is more than 2 or more lvls different than you atleast at low levels it sucks exp.

one thing i cant figure out is how to change the keyboard configuration from the standard to the FPS set up, anybody know how off hand?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
one thing i cant figure out is how to change the keyboard configuration from the standard to the FPS set up, anybody know how off hand?
Go into the Main menu (Either click on the - key on your number pad or click on the scroll wheel of your mouse.). Go into the "misc" menu I believe and then config 2. In this screen you will see options for Default KB (or standard cant remember) and Compact. Click on the compact setting and then back out of the screen. You should be set to move with WSAD setup and be on compact. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks