What's new

'FINAL FANTASY' dvd, absolutely INCREDIBLE! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
IMO, Shrek was a failed attempt at a parody. Yes, it was funny, but it overall was bad, IMO.

In FF, you get to know the story throughout the film, such as when Hein is talking about his wife and children being murdered and when Aki and Gray continually talk about being together somewhere before the film. Without paying too much attention, you can still get the overall backstory, or at least the parts that are important to the movie. If you didn't, then either you didn't pay attention or were paying too much attention to the visuals.

I cared about the characters in FF. Imagine the world they live in (almost everyone is dead, they have no families, the world is relying on them) and you can start to think of how they might feel. Even if you don't like the characters, you can still fee sympathy towards them (and the argument that they are too real to feel for them is, IMO, absurd).

If someone didn't like FF, it was either cuz they didn't get it or they did and didn't like it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
----Horse...beaten...dead... ----
I thought I saw a few twitches but maybe it's just a random synapse firing. :)

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I really liked the movie a lot and saw it 3 times in the theater (the second and third time solely for the reason that I thought somehow by me going to see it several times would help it's box office intake). All 3 times I saw it the theater was less than half full... I really hoped this movie would do well so that it would pave the way for other similar features! Oh well, the dvd is excellent though, the 2-disc version mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks