What's new

Films that made you cry... (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I have cried over three films.

E.T. when I originally saw it in the theaters as a kid, I was 8 at the time. It was the first movie that made me cry. The funny thing is, I was sitting next to my dad and I looked over at him and he was crying too. It was the second time he cried during a movie, the first was Old Yeller. It doesn't make me cry any more though.

The second was the same year, but I cried for a completly different reason. The film was Poltergeist and it scared the shit out of me. I started out sitting down in the front with my older brother and one of his friends, you know hanging out with the big guys. At some point I was getting to freaked out so I went to sit with my parents. By the end I was on the floor under my chair crying my eyes out. I still hate clowns to this day.

The third film, I can't believe I am going to admit this, was I Am Sam. I knew I was getting manipulated, but I just couldn't help myself. At least the person I saw it with cried as well.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The Iron Giant. Everytime, like the first time.

I don't cry much at movies, but that one gets me BAD.

I'm surprised to not have seen it on more lists...

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I have gotten choked up, but never shed tears at a movie. Whenever I get choked up, I remind myself that it's only a film. When I went to see the "Elephant Man" I had a family of 4, mom, dad, daughter, son, all weeping openly and LOUDLY.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
I ma a huge sucker for sad/sappy moments. A few from the list are.

Ghost
Always
What Dreams May Come
Seven
Braveheart
Powder

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Where does FIeld of Dreams make you cry? I cant think of one scene same with Shawshank Redemption.

Anyway, The ONLY TWO films that have every made me actually ball! were Land Before Time and Lion King. To this day they make me cry. WHen I bought Lion King DVD and saw, I had to leave before the part where Mufasa dies.

The land before time makes me cry when the mother dies.

Movies that choke me up are:
Green Mile - when mouse guy gets electric chair
Terminator 2 - when awnuld goes into lava :frowning:
Forrest Gump - at the end, Really chokes me up.

Jonathan L

Stunt Coordinator
Private Ryan, and I don't know if it counts, but there are a bunch of moments in a couple of episodes of Band of Brothers (especially the end of the final episode).

Leroy

Second Unit
Iron Giant ....Superman...
Field of Dreams (re: to Ruben, for me it's when he gets to ask his dad if he wants to have a catch. I would think that anyone who has lost or may be estranged from their father would get choked up there.)
Grave of the Fireflies
Forrest Gump (Jenny graveside scene and when he realizes that Bubba has died in his arms)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
There are a lot but I will limit mine to my top ten.

1. E.T.
2. The Lion King
3. The Iron Giant
4. Philadelphia
5. Seabiscuit
6. Behind The Red Door
7. Braveheart
8. Magnolia
9. Less Than Zero
10. Dances With Wolves

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Okay I gave my top ten list. I have to throw in at least 5 war films.

1. Glory
2. Platoon
3. Band Of Brothers
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. The Thin Red Line

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Toy Story 2 (Jesse's song) Saw that in theatre and was crying like a baby.

Schindlers List ("One more life" bit at the end when they make him the ring and he starts crying)

Titanic: Rose jumping off the lifeboat to run back to Jack, Jack dying, When old Rose is "sleeping" and she goes back to the wreckage to reunite with Jack

MikeRR

Agent
Say Anything - The final moment was simply perfect.

Cinema Paradiso - The girl in the movie reminded me of someone I knew. That's all I'm saying :frowning:

I fully expect to succumb when I see Return of the King.

What can I say, I'm a sentimental guy :)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Band of Brothers
Jerry MacGuire
Farewell My Concubine
Sabrina
Old Yeller
Shane
Gladiator
Umbrellas of Cherbourg
Iron Giant
Monsters Inc.

in the morning, I'll cry at any film.

Bring it On! has me in tears everytime I view it with a bowl of Cap'n Crunch

William Laughner

Stunt Coordinator
A Walk To Remember

I watched this movie the other day on HBO and it got the waterworks flowing a few times. For a "Teen Romance" movie it was pretty damn good.

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Martin - you are the "King of Sobs". I salute you! I also suggest you takes lotsa kleenex to ROTK.

Thanks to several posters for reminding me about Jesse's Song from Toy Story II. Neglected toys never fail to choke me up. Nice to see many posters mentioned Iron Giant.

I also remembered another teary moment: When Cate Blanchett discovers Ralph Fiennes caul in the wrecked glass church in Oscar and Lucinda.

ThomasWallin

Auditioning
Field of dreams gets me every time and I haven't gotten a clue as to why. I am Swedish which means I have a very limited understanding about baseball (although I lived in Chicago for a while but the Cubs didn't really help me:)) My father is alive and well and we have always gotten along. No children yet, never visited a farm in Iowa, etc etc. My point is, I have nothing to relate to. But when the music starts and that damn Costner is almost choking up asking his dad "If he wants to have a catch?"? Bam, I cry....every time! Must be getting old.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks