What's new

Fifth Element Superbit DVD (1 Viewer)

g-man

Grip
Real Name
keith
Hello guys I have a question. I played the 5th Element Superbit Dvd on my HD-A2 and it looks better then some of the hd titles that I own,it also looks better then some of the ota programs. Has anyone else noticed this. Thanks Keith

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Yes! I noticed the same thing with 5E upscaled on the Toshiba HD DVD player. It honestly looked as good, if not better, than many HD content.

The Blu-ray looks slightly better still... on any player other than the samsung with the old update. But it's still shy of "reference" HD material which is why it still gets slammed as far as a Blu-ray Disc goes.

The scaling in that Toshiba is perhaps the best I've ever seen outside of a tricked-out HTPC or $$$ scaler like the Lumigen.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Do you have BD capability or just HD DVD? If just HD DVD then the SB DVD version is your best bet. If you can play BD, then the Blu-ray of 5E, while not being up to top-end HD standards, is better than the SD DVD and has no edge-ringing.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can check your local Best Buy and see if they have any of the SB versions left as they were selling for $9.99, but the Ultimate Ed. should also be pretty cheap by now.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there was some question about whether the ultimate edition was the same or not. The color balance was noticably different, though it appeared to be sourced from the same print (verified by some film anomlies seen in both versions).

But in any case, in terms of image quality, Yes, the ultimate edition will do as well as the SB disc. But does it have DTS? That DTS audio on the SB copy is AMAZING.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks