What's new

Fifth Annual Record Store Day, April 21 2012! (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Next week's edition of Entertainment Weekly named Record Store Day as the #1 "Top Ten Things We Love This Week" on its' "Must List!"

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm lucky here: The Exclusive Company has two stores in Milwaukee and between the two I generally find everything I am looking for.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
It's time! It's not even 8am here and I'm heading out the door for The Exclusive Company to start accumulating my haul!

Feel free to post comments, pictures, experiences here for all to enjoy!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Travis, the Breakfast Club and Pretty In Pink STs were gone at all three stores I hit, although a guy in front of me had a copy of PiP. Surprisingly, they aren't hitting eBay yet...

I got ALMOST everything I wanted, save for the McCartney "Another Day" single and The Civil Wars "Billie Jean" single.

This was the crowd at the Exclusive Company in Greenfield WI at 9am this morning...and that is just ONE of the two lines to the registers!
3cc78cc4_IMG_0825.jpeg

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
And now, MY haul! (From top to bottom: Pink Floyd "The Wall" Experience Edition; THE reason I went out early and hit three stores to track this down---Abba "Voulez-Vous" blue glitter vinyl 12" remix---the only commercially released 12" EVER in the US [already hitting $50-$100 on eBay!]; fun. "The Ghost That You Are To Me" 10" EP w/an acoustic version of "We Are Young"---on "gear-shaped" vinyl!; Of Monsters And Men 10" EP; Katy Perry "Part Of Me" 12" pink vinyl single!) And a TON of promo CDs/compilations they threw in for free!
a8389b3b_IMG_0830.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
Travis, the Breakfast Club and Pretty In Pink STs were gone at all three stores I hit, although a guy in front of me had a copy of PiP.  Surprisingly, they aren't hitting eBay yet...
I saw people with all the soundtracks (The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink and Empire Records) but none were left on the table. I even waited around for a little while in the vain hope that someone would change their mind and put TBC back but that didn't happen. Maybe I'll get it off of eBay but being a comic book and occasional toy collector, I hate paying money to guys who probably only bought something so they could sell it. If I'm going to lose out on an item, I'd rather lose it to a fan who wanted the item rather than to a scalper who just bones the fans.
That principled stand is nice but flashforward to tomorrow and I'll have begrudgingly paid $40 for The Breakfast Club on eBay. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks