What's new

Fellow collegist..how happy are you that winter break is here? (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Yes accounting sucks plenty of ass too. How crazy I was to take Econ and Acc at the same freaking time. But I did ok with Acc, but I got my ass kicked by Econ.

Taking statistics in the spring, I don't look forward to it.

Oh and Mark, your one sick indvidual.;)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hey Thomas, I watched some of the Miami (OH) game tonight and there were some guys in the stadium that had some T-shirts on that said "Friends don't let friends drive to Toledo", I thought that shit was hilarious lol.:laugh:

(p.s Thomas' college (Miami Univ) is in Toldeo,OH for those who don't know)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Statistics just takes actual work. Good thing is that it's not particularly hard, you just have to have the discipline to get yourself chained to a desk and be bored for a couple of hours to get all the methods down.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i found statistics at the first and second year to be horribly easy and boring.
I think i went to the classes maybe one out of three classes just to make sure they stayed close to the textbook.

Then at the third and fourth year they introduced me to Econometrics. A blend of statistics and Economics. This my friends is statistical hell. It introduces the exciting worlds of advanced calculus and linear algebra to the economics realm. The practical courses aren't bad as they're mostly just estimation, it's the theoretical ones that stresses definitions involving multiple integrals that suck. especially since I hadn't taken calculus since high school and never taken linear algebra.

Nick, don't go into your micro class hating it. I swear economics isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, just give it a chance.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Whatever happened to good ole supply and demand?
The sad thing is...nothing

That's still what I'm doing just imagine that the lines aren't straight anymore...and to estimate them you need a crapload of calculus.

I still don't get why linear algebra entered into this equation...

So here's a challenge to all you with the first semester wrapping up. How much ichiban and kraft dinner do you think you ate? I just emptied my garbage, i only ate 1 case (24 packs) of ramen, and one case (14 packages) of Kraft dinner. i really thought it woulda been higher than that.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
How much ichiban and kraft dinner do you think you ate?
That's really funny. Luckily I live with my girlfriend and she's from Kentucky, I get a lot of down-home-soul-food in me oftend. And she get's a lot of city slicker in her.;)

NickSo, take Marks' advise on the outlook of ECO. It probably would have been a nice class, but I took it online, and the professor was a real asshole, I had to complain about him to the Dean, he was reprimanded for the shit he said to me. If I had taken the course in a actual class room it would've been cool. Having it explained to you versus having to learn it on your own is a HUGE difference.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
On a side note Nick, ECO get clashing with the ACC they'd have the same words with 2 different definitions. ECO would say it means this, ACC would say it means that. Talk about screwing with your head when it's time to study or take a test.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Bah, ohwell, im in the business faculty so whatever, its expected...

As for Ramen and Kraft Dinner... i've actually learned how to cook... half decently... that and with the help of George Foreman... I've eaten abuot 3 boxes of Kraft, and very little Ramen... BUt tons of pasta with plain spaghetti sauce, grilled chicken, chicken fajitas, burgers, eggs. My cooking regimen consists of about half a dozen (maybe even slgithly less) different dishes haha...

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
oh nick with your first year money...
it's not that I don't know how to cook, I just don't have the money. mmm...i really want chicken.
See this way I'm doubly excited when my girlfriend comes to visit, not only do I get to see her, there's also a very good chance if i'm good she'll take me out for supper.

4days until my first final and i'm officially into freak out mode...why am i still here....

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
lamarcus what games you got on live
i'm going home and i'm horrible out of date because i don't have broadband up here.
i've got espn football, topspin (waiting at home), and...well tetris that's about it.
let me know, we should get a game in (plus it might give me an excuse to buy a new game)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Mark, you have killed any excitement i have left of the next three years of university... thanks alot :angry: :p)

Oh wait, envermind, there's still the fact in one year I can buy alcohol... :D

Wait, no I cant, coz mark has revealted to me I will soon lose all my money. There, NOW i have no more motivation for the next three+ years

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Don't worry nick.
During my undergrad I ate well, drank well, and had lots of fun. It's grad school that it all goes downhill :D

what's the legal age in bc? 19?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yes its 19... its kinda sad seeing how i'll be more than half done my bachelors before (but probably not, as my school is real flexible, most students take about 5 years to do it), and in third year before i get to buy alcohol... bah

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I have Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Ghost Recon,and Soldier of Fortune II. Only been playing ghost lately but I'm always up for some Wolf, I only played SoFII once, that's when I found out it wasn't DD, so I haven't touched it again :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks