What's new

Feb 26th - What are you coming home with? (1 Viewer)

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be happily waltzing out of Future Shop with Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Session 9, and Clerks (reduced price).

You?

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Clerks is being repriced? Is that across the board or just at certain stores? [edit](also, is this title anamorphic? I've always assumed it wasn't and stayed away).

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is in transit now.

Bruce

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
Bart,

I was looking forward to Session 9 as well, but Future Shop's web site has a March 12 date listed for this title.

Oh well, at least it has a date, unlike Donnie Darko, which has no Canadian DVD release date.

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator
Hedtke: Im not sure if the repricing is across the board (what is?), but Amazon dropped the price 15 bucks, so I imagine other stores will follow suit. And no, it's not animorphic, but Im willing to bet the 10th Anniversary Edition will be. However, I'm not fasting for another year.

Hunter: Son of a...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Lot's of TV-on-DVD this week, among the movie releases:
  • Bones - Platinum Ed.
    Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True
    Drawing Flies
    Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
    Larry Sanders Show: Season 1
    Meet The Feebles
  • (LotR Director Peter Jackson's first effort)
    The Men Who Killed Kennedy
    The Musketeer: C.E.
    Roger Ramjet #1
    Roger Ramjet #2
    Secret Agent Man #2
    Secret Agent Man #3
    Session 9
    Sonic The Hedgehog: Super Sonic
    Soul Survivors - Killer Cut
    Space: 1999 #5
    Space: 1999 #6
    Super Mario Bros Show: Mario's Greatest Movie Moments
    Star Wars vs. Star Trek: The Rivalry Continues
    Twin Peaks-Fire Walk With Me
Plus not only markdowns across-the-board on Clerks but also Clerks Unsensored: The Animated Series.
I will be getting the entire Askewniverse (see my post in this thread, including info about Best Buy's sale for "buy 3 DVDs and save $5"! :eek: ).
I'll definately get TP:FWWM, even though I won't get to watch it until Season 2 comes out and my wife finds out who the murderer is. Sigh.
My wife demands The Men Who Killed Kennedy, so I can swing with that.
She would like Meet the Feebles, and I would like Star Wars vs. Star Trek, but I think we'll have a hard time finding these in stores.
We found someone had broken street date on Super Mario and we enjoyed it, so we might nab Sonic down-the-road.
I want Larry Sanders, but will probably wait on it so I can get the Kevin Smith stuff. For Secret Agent Man and Space: 1999 I will wait on the eventual A&E Mega Boxset with every disc in those series together.
A bunch of HTFers has made Session 9 sound very interesting.
But I'm staying as far away from both Cinderella 2 and The Musketeer as I can until I hear some reviews!!

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
I'll be getting Cadfael: The Rose Rent, the second and third box sets of Secret Agent, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
I'm waiting on the new Meet The Feebles disc until I hear some reviews (I already have the existing Canadian disc, but I might get the new one if it's better-quality). Not a great movie by any stretch, but it's sort of fun.
The Larry Sanders Show sounds interesting -- I generally like Garry Shandling -- but I've never seen the show, so again I'm holding off and waiting for reviews.
And I couldn't be less interested in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. No offense to those of you who are.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Nothing at B&M but I ordered Jay and Silent Bob online, along with the Space 1999 Box Sets. I'll give Session 9 a rent.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Meet The Feebles (LotR Director Peter Jackson's first effort)
Actually, his first would be "Bad Taste." And you say that your wife wants Feebles? Has she seen Feebles? :eek:
Remember that this movie is a cross between a splatter-gore movie and the Muppet Show...
I'm just hoping that this release is better quality than the Canadian version from a few years back.
- Steve

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Glenn, thank you very much for the reviews! As if finding out that it's 3 shorts tied together rather than one single story (rather like the lackluster Belle's Magical World tape was), then THIS quote pretty much says the rest:
Actually, his first would be "Bad Taste." And you say that your wife wants Feebles? Has she seen Feebles?
Remember that this movie is a cross between a splatter-gore movie and the Muppet Show...
Well, I was hoping to get home before anyone noticed that. :b We were just in Best Buy picking up the already-released Askewniverse DVD's when Stephenie shows me Bad Taste and says "Hey, here's Peter Jackson's first movie! I wonder if it's as good as Meet The Feebles sounds?". I go, "You told me MTF *was* PJ's first movie!! I posted to that effect on HTF this morning...twice! :eek: ". Her reply: "You didn't listen to me...I was talking about both movies!".
She's right; I wasn't strictly paying attention to her during that conversation. She was on IMDB on one of our computers, I was surfing HTF on the other, and I tuned her out at some point. [rant]I'm sorry, honey!!! Forgive me?PLEASE???[/rant]
As for content of MTF...yeah, she's the type who would dig a tounge-in-cheek flick where the muppets get wacked. Before I tuned her out, I caught her description of the film and understood that she thought it was a friggin' funny concept. She's got cool taste...just one of the reasons I love her.
Sorry about my mix-up, folks! Now, she's wondering how good Bad Taste is..comments? :D

Todd_Peter

Auditioning
Darcy,
A & B Sound (absound.ca) lists Donnie Darko as a March 19th, 2002 release for Canada! I'm really excited about this one too.
I wonder why we have to wait till March 12th for Session 9 when US release is February 26th!? I have been soooooo anxious to snag this title since it was announced... Now we have to wait 2 extra weeks GRRRRR! :angry: :thumbsdown: :frowning:

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm definitely picking up Session 9, as I am needing a good horror fix. Also will be picking up Meggido....who can beat apocalyptic pseudo-Christian cinema? The review on Ain't It Cool News has had me waiting for this release for months. R. Lee Ermey as the President, Basil Exposition (er, Michael York) as the Antichrist, Udo Kier as Satan's henchman, and Michael Biehn as the Antichrist's good guy brother....all brought together in a movie made by TBN....how can you go wrong? Cheese is good for you.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I came home with Fire Walk with Me on Feb 22. :D I'm planning on coming home with A.I. this Tuesday...someone somewhere will have it out on the shelves a week early.
~~Nathan

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
someone somewhere will have it out on the shelves a week early.
Street dates seem to have less and less meaning as time goes by. Lots of people seem to have found Jay & Silent Bob SB early; I just saw copies on the shelf yesterday at my local branch of the world's biggest retailer.

Will the studios crack down on this? Do they care?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks