What's new

Fear Factor episode last night. Television has reached a new low. (1 Viewer)

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys.
Did anybody see Fear Factor last night. I am talking about the segment of the show where the contestants ate those big (Malasian)hissing cockroaches which happened to be alive.
When the first female contestant bit and swallowed the first cochroach, a stream of (cochroach juice?) squirted out of her mouth. I am not talking about gently streamed out of her mouth. This thing squirted about 5 feet into the air. And then they showed it in slow motion.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I am a hardened television viewer. But this just made me cringe.
It was disgusting.
Carlos

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
"New low?" Carlos, Fear Factor is in the minor leagues when it comes to this sort of thing. How about biting into a raw EYEBALL, and seeing it burst? How about not TALKING about bullshit, but EATING it (actually cowshit), both of which have been shown on HBO's Shock TV? Broadcast TV has a ways to go yet.

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Robert:
Thank God I don't have cable. Only network television in my house.;)
It just caught me by surprise since I don't have cable and I have never seen this kind of thing in network TV.
Carlos

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
God help me, I love Fear Factor. :b
I think I could do anything I've seen on there, with the exception of the eating stunts. I just don't have the stomach...
What I want is an uncensored DVD of the first stunt from last night... ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i saw that i thought it was awful and had to turn it off. why would someone want to watch that.

now the first stunt, that i would want to see. i also wonder what is the point of having that on network tv when nothing can be shown or seen. wouldnt that work better on a cable show.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The producers of the show have had the contestants eat worser things than a cockroach.

From recent memory:

Ground Pig Brains mixed with three ingredients chosen by a crap shoot, this was from the WWF Fear Factor.

Pig Bung...The tube from the rectum to the intestine...kind of elastically and a bit long.

Booloop(?) Eggs which are duck eggs with the chick still inside.

And from Celebrity Fear Factor 2:

Alison Sweeney was told that she could move on to the last challenge...but she had to eat three cockroaches. Host Joe Rogan would also feast on them. She refused but offered an alternate challenge, she would eat the worms instead and Rogan would have cockroaches. Rogan accepted...she ate first then him.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Does anyone remember the famous bull testicles? :D
Actually, "pig bung" is commonly used as sausage casings. It would be tough to chew, but it's perfectly edible. Even the bull testicles are a delicacy in the prairie provinces, lovingly known as "prairie oysters" and usually harvested (i.e. cut off) from live calves just before they're cooked.
You people have weak stomachs! Then again, I'm from a province where one of our fast food delicacies is a "thing" called Poutine which is basically french fries smothered with gravy and cheese curds. Basically, it look like an elephant sneezed in your plate of fries. :laugh:
I enjoy the show very much and will keep watching it. I wouldn't mind trying the gross-out event just to see if I have what it takes to survive it. :)

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The April 15th, 2002 episode had all the contestants face the fear of public nudity, one at a time. They would walk down a runway, fashion show style. They were encouraged to show off and they couldn't cover any part of their body. This lasted for a minute then for another two minutes, they had to stand (with their hands on their hips) on an "automatic lazy susan."

This stunt had an audience and even people snapping still cameras.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
If you're speaking of "Bonzai" (don't if that's the correct spelling) we had several episodes here in Canada on CityTv and they didn't censor any body parts. What a lame ass show! It rocked!

Now we have a lamer ass show on the "Comedy Network" called the "GutterBall Alley" where contestants do really stupid stunts for bowling balls to win money. This show has Freud all over it.

oops, just saw the other post. Definitely NOT the same show.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I can proudly say I have not watched a minute of this show, as well as The Race, Survivor, and all those other so called reality shows. The only true reality show on TV now is The Osbornes. ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there that show on fox.. like an eating contest show.. they ate all sorts of crap on that thing..

What is up with making people sick?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Have I ever mentioned that I absolutely DEPLORE reality TV? If I want reality I'll turn on the news, not watch somebody eat pigshit for a measly $50,000, thank you very much. Like the TV Land commercial says, "Reality TV. It's just like real life, and real life often sucks." Gilligan's Island was a TV show. Homicide was a TV show. Get Smart was a TV show. Survivor, Fear Factor, and the these other programs are abominations, pure and simple.

Rant mode: off

AllenD

Second Unit
I don't watch the show. I tried to but was too disgusted. I'll eat/try just about anything, but buffalo balls?!?!?!?
Booloop(?) Eggs which are duck eggs with the chick still inside.
We call it balot (bah-loht) in the Phillippines. It's boiled chicken eggs and it's quite tasty.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I only eat the yolk and stay away from the chick. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks