What's new

Favourite Mythbusters? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The Tailgate up/down myth is on right now and I forgot how shocked I was with the outcome.

Tailgate Up = Fuel Efficient

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

I know... it really was an amazing episode. The cool thing about it was that Adam and Jamie also seemed to be genuinely surprised at the results -- which is rare.

Those guys are pretty intuitive from a physics/physical science standpoint, and it's rare that they seem to be truly shocked at results.

Just goes to show you that people ALWAYS underestimate the power of water... it is an amazing force to be reconed with in our physical world.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Lots of times they spoil things from movies for me. The cigarette being unable to light gasoline is kind of disappointing..

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
They need to test the myth that having Kari naked through the entire episode, won't get a lot of viewers to watch :D

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Quick question for other MythBusters fans... do they ever show MythBusters on Discovery HD?

After years of holding out, I finally got HDTV via the Dish Network 622 HD-DVR a couple of weeks ago.

While I admit that I haven't run a seach on it, just scanning through the Discovery HD programming, I have yet to see any MythBusters episodes.

I thought it would be one of the most repeated shows on Discovery HD, given that it looks to be at least shot in HD... (since all of the newer episodes are 16x9).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, all of the episodes are 16x9, but I've never seen it on the HD channel. Actually, I've never really looked though...

It's funny, because the 16x9 aspect is what first brought my attention to the show. A few years back, I found the "Letterboxed" section of my ReplayTV's search methods (which lists all the shows that are broadcast 16x9) - That's what made me tune in and I'm glad I did.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it shown on Discovery HD yet. So far they seem to just air American Choppers and Monster Garage.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Wait until they start showing it in HD.

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

That's a bummer. :frowning:

I would think that MythBusters is a show that is taylor-made for HDTV.

Does anyone know if Discovery has plans to start running it in HDTV?

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
Remember the one about peeing on a live rail resulting in electrocution?

They rigged their favorite manequin with a "bladder" so it could pee?

I think that was very early on in the series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks