What's new

Directors Favorite TV shows which lasted only 1 season (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
There's an article on Link Removed , about relatively decent TV shows that never lasted beyond one season. What is your favorite show of this type?
Mine is "My So-Called Life"
[Edited last by Allan Mack on August 26, 2001 at 01:13 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Freaks and Geeks, My So Called Life, and Police Squad!.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
What was that sitcom about 5 years ago starring Rob Shneider? He was always trying to get the cute girl down the hallway in the sack. I Couldn't stop laughing. I believe it was on for one season but it could have been 2.
Now that was comedy

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Michael: That'd be the U.S. incarnation of "Men Behaving Badly". It did last two seasons, but a pretty hefty chunk of the second season was never aired.
"Action" would be an excellent candidate for DVD release -- the entire series could be crammed onto 2 discs with plenty of room for any supplemental material that might be floating around. With only 9 episodes (four of which were never aired in the U.S.), "Profit" would be a great two disc set as well.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Probably Kindred: The Embraced; aired on the USA Network for one season. It was going to be picked up again but the actor that played the Prince was killed in a motorcycle wreck. Damn shame too.
------------------
Link Removed My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001
[Edited last by John Thomas on August 27, 2001 at 03:37 AM]

Tommy G

Screenwriter
The San Pedro Beach Bums. This was on in the 70's for one season and was absoulute idiotic humor. "Football, you bet!"

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
"Cop Rock"
I think I was the only person that watched it.
kd

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Dark Shadows
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Whoops, double
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here .
[Edited last by Rain on August 27, 2001 at 04:34 PM]

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Are you guys sure that My So Called Life only played one season? I'm almost 100% sure that Battlestar Gallactica was on longer than one as well.
Anyway, my vote goes to The Critic, the animated show starring Jon Lovitz. Of course, I'm also not sure that was only one season.
The runner up is a sitcom called (I think) The Powers That Be
confused.gif
. It starred John Forsythe as a senator, with Holland Taylor as his wife. David Hyde-Pierce played the very whipped husband of the senator's daughter and Peter MacNichol played a flamboyantly gay member of the senator's staff. Damned good cast. This one may not have even played a season. I think it was one of those "mid-season replacement" shows.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here .
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here .
[Edited last by Rain on August 27, 2001 at 04:36 PM]

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Rain,
Battlestar Galactica was only one season. There was a horrible spin-off "Galactica 1980". I think it was only about 6-8 episodes.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks