What's new

Favorite Paramount Film Moment Thread (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My favorite moment is also from Braveheart where William Wallace is giving his rousing speech to try to entice the clans to fight the English. The part that starts "Lying in your bed...."

hockeymask

Auditioning
Real Name
David Rojas
“Let It Ride” is one of Paramount’s hidden treasures . I was turned on to this movie by a friend and it didn’t disappoint. I like the whole movie, but the scene of “Trotter” putting his first winnings in his shoes in the restroom and then walks out is pretty funny. I also like how he can calculate in his head how much money people make selling, tip tickets, making room for people to stand in front of the rail, ect……
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/14675/finally-let-it-ride-comes-to-dvd

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
American Gigolo

A seemingly carefree, self-satisfied Julian laying out his planned wardrobe.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
One of my faves is TARGETS and specifically the end in which Karloff saves the day at the drive-in from the sniper. I felt that not only the whole film but the end is poignant for wrapping up Karloff's career.

HTF review: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/138008/targets-paramount-region-1-review

(ps - I don't remember if we're allowed to specify which format we'd prefer, but I'd personally pref the blu-ray)

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
A great Paramount movie moment is the scene in William Wyler's CARRIE (shot in 1950, released in 1952) where Laurence Olivier confesses to Jennifer Jones that he has misled her in order to cause her to accompany him to the train station. As he begs her to run away with him for his one chance for happiness, the Aaron Copeland score reaches its emotional zenith as she ultimately decides to go with him.At this point, the tragic downfall of Olivier's character begins.
(By the way, thanks Paramount for adding the missing scene from the European release version. If the originally shot ending of Olivier's suicide exists, this would make a great special feature on a future re-release)

drrichardh

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard H Sutor
There nothing that can top Groucho Marx spelling out the rules of his administration ( of Freedonia) with the song "Whatever it is I'm against it." Found in Duck Soup.

Check this thread for other opinions on this film
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/183297/first-time-watching-duck-soup

Richard

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
A favorite scene (and really quite brilliant) from Paramount's THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967) has fugitive title character James Coburn making out with hippie chick Jill Banner in a country meadow. Meanwhile, an international array of spies and assassins are creeping up to either capture or kill him, each one getting fatally dispatched by a successive rival agent, all while fellow hippie Barry McGuire plays acoustic guitar and sings his song, "Inner-Manipulations", completely oblivious to the nearby mayhem, though the song's lyrics comment on the action.
The final master shot in this sequence is perfect, like a live-action New Yorker cartoon by Charles Addams.

HTF's review of the DVD:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/180220/htf-review-the-president-s-analyst

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Star Trek III The Search For Spock blu ray - Stealing the Enterprise. I'm watching this right now! : )

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jonathan Livingston Seagull:

"Lonely looking sky, lonely sky, lonely looking sky..."

Jacob L

Grip
The Hunt for Red October

After Captain Borodin is shot and dying he says, "I would like to have seen Montana."

I like it cause I live in Montana.

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
The scene in "Paper Moon" where Madeline Kahn as Miss Trixie Delight makes her first appearance is one of my favorite entrances in any movie. :)

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/137564/htf-review-paper-moon-highly-recommended

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Three Days of the Condor (which deserved a much better Blu-Ray edition than non-restored, featureless DVD-to-BD port it got):

The scene where Redford, as CIA researcher Joe Turner, realizes a seemingly benign mailman is really an assassin in disguise because the guy's wearing the wrong shoes. I don't think they ever explain it on-screen, but it is one of those "they really gave this some thought" moments where they not only get an obscure fact right, but help develop a character at the same time. Turner is a bookworm and an information sponge who just absorbs and retains all sorts of useless information. So when he looks down and sees that the "mailman" is wearing sneakers it sets off an alarm in his mind because somewhere along the line he learned that postal workers are required to wear steel-toed work shoes or boots and that sneakers are specifically forbidden.

Maybe someday there will be a retrospective set of Redford films with commentaries and documentaries and Condor will get a better release. (The film is a kind of odd companion piece to All the President's Men. It was a fun "popcorn picture" the Redford did while waiting to start production on the Watergate film. But even the throw away thriller had plenty of 70s political intrigue and paranoia. Would make for a great double feature with Warren Beatty's The Parallax View - also available from Paramount home video.)

Regards,

Joe

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The scene in Mother when Albert Brooks explains to Debbie Reynolds:

"The freezer was a good invention, but it's not supposed to be used for everything. That's why it's smaller than the refrigerator."

-Rodney

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.

While regarded by some as one of the lesser entries in the Star Trek film canon (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/103852/star-trek-iii-the-search-for-spock-how-does-it-rate), it has a classic Shatner line reading:

"Klingon bastards killed my son. Klingon bastards killed my son. Klingon bastards...."

Truly, a moment of supreme Shatnerian scenery munching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks