Favorite Christmas Episodes

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gary OS, Nov 30, 2009.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I watched the messiah night gallery episode!

2. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Screenwriter

Guys, you are so blessed. Things were busy in my household. I had no time for watching my favorite Christmas movies, or the new ones I got (Kung fu Christmas special and the dean martin Christmas special).Had no time to go to the one and only Christmas concert! to pick up my mother at an airport two hundred miles away. Both blu ray players had issues, so I couldn't play said DVD's. I had to borrow a friends VCR player to record Macy's day parade, which I haven't seen yet.Just managed to sing a few Christmas carols with a pastor this am, and that was it.You guys are so blessed, I have to watch Christmas specials and movies in January.James

Ron1973 likes this.
  3. davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk Screenwriter

David Matychuk
    Ukrainian Christmas isn't until January 7th, so З Різдвом і продовжувати спостерігати ці різдвяні відео!

Ron1973 likes this.
  4. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    I had a friend of mine sell me on the idea of the 12 days of Christmas. Being a Christmas freak already who loves decorations and the music (aside from the serious religious aspect of it), it gives me an excuse to keep up the tree and still listen to music until the early part of January! :cool:

davidmatychuk likes this.
  5. davidmatychuk

David Matychuk
    I just picked up the Blu-Rays of two new Christmas movies that I special-ordered a few weeks ago, "Angels Sing" and "The Fitzgerald Family Christmas". Both of them, oddly enough, feature Connie Britton as the main character's wife (or love interest). Anyhow, I thought they were both terrific. "Angels Sing" is set in Austin, Texas, and features Harry Connick Jr., Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, and Lyle Lovett. It's loaded with great music, and was funny and touching. "The Fitzgerald Family Christmas" is an Edward Burns family drama, similar to his "She's The One", set in New York City, and it features the great Ed Lauter in what may have been his final role, as the father of the family. It was entertaining, interesting and involving. Both Christmas movies will be a pleasure to re-watch later this year

6. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Thought I'd do a little "Christmas in July" stuff. Some kind soul has uploaded the greatest TV series Christmas episode of all time onto Youtube. If you haven't seen it or bought the 1st Season dvd set of Dr Kildare I'd encourage you to do so.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Gary "so glad to have this remastered on dvd now" O.

7. davidmatychuk

David Matychuk
    I decided that this year I would watch a Christmas film and listen to some Christmas music on the 25th of each month. As part of that, I watched the recently-released "Black Nativity", which was a very touching and interesting family drama (and to some extent, a musical) set in present day Harlem. In case anyone was wondering, it's not just a filmed version of Langston Hughes' "Black Nativity", though a presentation of it is involved in the plot. I'm always looking for unique Christmas videos for my collection, and this is a good one.

8. Dvdelf

Dvdelf Auditioning

Michael Harriott
    I've been doing a countdown of sorts on my twitter of all my Christmas DVDs. It's fun

9. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    Next Friday (July 11) My annual "Christmas in July" Week commences/ I'll break out my Holiday CDs and breaking out my Holiday Movies. Great way to get your mind off the summer heat. :D

Ron1973 likes this.
  10. Dvdelf

Dvdelf Auditioning

Michael Harriott
    Sounds good

11. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Another of my very favorite Christmas episodes, courtesy of Paladin. :)

12. Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley Supporting Actor

Paul
    Just watched the season 1 "Christmas At Plum Creek" episode of Little House On The Prairie on the recently released remastered blu-ray. I forgot how much I love that episode!

ScottDombrowski and Gary OS like this.
  13. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Another Christmas classic. This time from Amos & Andy:

14. davidmatychuk

David Matychuk
    543287_3517372173518_493933000_n.jpg I've done "Christmas In July" shows in Vancouver with my group NO FUN since the 90's, this one from 1998. We've done elaborate all-Christmas shows since the 80's, so an elaborate 2 1/2 hour Christmas In July show wasn't much of a stretch for us.

15. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Lassie had many great Christmas episodes (8 in all), but I still think the first one was the best.

Gary "kinda surprised, and disappointed, they didn't do at least one with Jeff" O.

16. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    Please folks nothing against the current thread. I just have to honor my friend Gary who has been the Santa if he will let me call him that of HTF on Christmas TV shows for many years.

So here is my request which I have made before. I would love a nice BD of Amahal and the Night Visitors. I believe it aired on NBC because my family watched it every year. Those were the days.

I also love to tease Gary about Lost In Space Christmas episode. No there is not one. Will returns to earth during Christmas and lands I have to plug it Gary in Peyton Place.

Yes Will stays in the Peyton Place Carson House all decorated for Christmas.

Call the episode LIS/PP Christmas episode LOL.

Merry Christmas Gary and Happy Holidays to all on HTF,

Professor Echo and Gary OS like this.
  17. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Thanks for remembering me, Mark. You're a great HTF friend! Wasn't there also a brief mention of Christmas in a Season 2 LIS episode called "The Toymaker"? I'm pretty sure I remember that.

Gary "tis getting close to the season to be jolly" O. :D

18. Jack P

Jack P Producer

19. Professor Echo

Professor Echo Screenwriter

Glen
    Before we join the rampant corproate/consumerist culture of celebrating Christmas too early, may I politely interrupt and ask if anyone can recommend some good Thanksgiving episodes, rare as they might be? I love the one they did on THAT GIRL, but can't think of any others at the moment.

Gary OS and Mark Collins like this.
  20. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    Not merely the greatest Thanksgiving TV episode ever made, but widely agreed to be one of the Top Ten funniest classic TV sitcom episodes of all time (in the Chuckles the Clown, Chocolate-line and Walnut sense):
    "Over the River and Through the Woods", The Bob Newhart Show:
    (They're slightly plastered after watching the traditional alma-mater football game)

"Turkeys Away", WKRP in Cincinatti, is also considered to share a reserved space in the Top Five, but its reputation may be a bit overblown.

(Such is the influence, to this day, people are still convinced that turkeys are as flightless as chickens, and might want to check with your local deep-woods wild-turkey hunter about that one...)

Professor Echo likes this.