What's new

Favorite/best job ever...... (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Bouncer in a boobie bar:)

While I didnt realize it at the time, installing commercial carpet.

Working in a corporation the past 8 years(which I hate) has made me appreciate the jobs I used to have and hated at the time.

I'm becoming more like Kevin Spacey every year:) Im ready to go flip burgers.

I stopped with my G/F today at a ice cream place and watching the girl make the waffle cones I said "I want their job". They were smiling and having a great time.

Tim L

Second Unit
Hey Mark S, I've been to natural Sound store -great place, with lots of cool stuff- I Iremember back in 1997 I think, when they were the first ones to get DVDs when they came out- the gentleman who works there grabbed a cardboard box from under the counter full of the first batch of DVDS- everyone starting oohing and awwing like it was long lost gold treasure-anyway sounds like a grat job yo have there.
Tim

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it was my buddy and not me unfortunately, but the job was -- shoe clerk. During one of the intervals in the 70s when girls wore micro-skirts. During the summer. And on hot days, my buddy says, the Italian girls wore no underwear....

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Working at Six Flags Fiesta TX during summers back in high school. Wearing the Looney Tune costumes. Hot as hell (Fiesta TX is in an old quarry, in a San Antonio summer, wearing an all-black, full-body fur coat that's sealed at the hands, feet, and head), but it was a ton of fun. Shows were every 1:45 apart and took about 35-45 minutes or so, including getting dressed, so between that we would sit in the green room and watch movies or play old NES classics on the clock.

And before people ask, I've played most of the characters. Sylvester, Bugs Bunny, Marvin the Martian, Taz, Yosemite Sam, Wakko and Yakko, Wile E. Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn, and quite a few others. Voice of experience, teenage girls love Marvin the Martian.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Summer job working at a pool and spa store while in college. They were so short-handed that whenever the manager would get uppity we would all quit and walk out the door. Before we could even get our cars started he would come running out offering raises if we came back to work. I felt kind of bad for the guy. The owners also bought us lunch every day and let us borrow the company trucks to move back into the dorms at the end of the summer. Plus, we took turns sacking out in the hot tubs during our shifts. Nothing like getting paid to take a nice soak. That was the life.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
One of my college summer jobs was driving along the shoulder of highways, about 5 mph, counting cracks. Yes, I've driven almost every highway in Oregon, over two summers, and I counted every crack.

I think I have that beat, now. I recently joined MOD at NASA JSC. I'm training astronauts, flight controllers, and instructors in EVA (space walks) and eventually I'll certify to become a flight controller. Should be fun.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
They pay me to shoot guns, surf the internet and be up in everyone's business. :D Love it! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Man, I feel so cheated!
I mean how do you get a cool job like counting cracks in the road?

Is there a cooljobswithgoodpay.com website I should be checking out?

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

Tim we still get the OOOHHH and AAAAAHHHHH factor here. We Just got the new line of B&W speakers which are just friggen aweesome, and we get the Big AAAAAHHHHH factor.

stop by again and say Hi.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
anyone remember miller's outpost clothing store? i had *such* a good time there. made out with lots of the chicks, did some other things in the store (that i guess i'd better not type about), and just had an all-around freakin' good time!

i also liked my very first job, working inside gemco...at least until i got fired for stealing a yogurt and string cheese from the grocery department. :b

my current job's pretty cool too though...

----

worst job: working at the gap on melrose. what a nightmare...

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
So long ago that there were still different bins for the Stereo and Mono LPs.....I was enjoying my first year in radio.
My rent was $85.00 a month and gas was .25 cents....which didn't matter because I had no car most of the time. Everything else, I had, including about 3,000 albums. The girls...ahhh. The girls in that particular little Midwestern college town actually thought being a DJ was cool. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks