What's new

Favorite 2007 superbowl commercial (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what one was that

i cant get video to work

some ok ones but
none have been memorable so far

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Blockbuster commercial (rodents using the real mouse for the PC) was the only one that I liked enough to laugh at it.

So far, it looks like CBS didn't sell a lot of ads because we are seeing a lot ads for CBS programming.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I quite enjoyed the ads for Bud Light, Toyota, the Blockbuster Rodents ad, and CareerBuilder.com. The Nationwide ad with Kevin Federline was pretty amusing, but I've seen it about 5 times in news stories before the game even started.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The slapping commercial, which I believe was for Budweiser or Bud Light.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I liked the Coke ads for the most part. Some ads were really poor (Snickers?) Too much violence in a lot of ads.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Some of the worst commercials ever. The only ones I kinda liked were the Snickers one, some of the careerbuilder ones and Cocacola Grand Theft Auto. Quite a few of those on ifilm didn't even play where I was.

Oh I did get a great laugh from the Letterman/Oprah bit. :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The FedEx moon one and the Bud Light hitchhiker one. I also liked the Doritos checkout one because the cum reference was a rather risque afterthought. The Robert Goulet commercial wins this year's WTF?!? factor.

Does Coke actually have anything to do with black history month?

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Did anyone else experience sound problems only during the commercials? It seems everytime they cut away from the game, the commercials sound would constantly cut in and out. The game sound was fine. This was the OTA HD broadcast in Indianapolis. Just curious if it was my affiliate or network wide. Very frustrating as I enjoy the Super Bowl commercials.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Patrick, I don't think that ad was actually new, I'm sure I'd seen the "mouse" gag years ago. The only difference was the add-on of their mailer program.

Didn't anyone find it ironic that K-Fed's overexposed ad was immediately preceded by a FedEx spot?

Brent T

Second Unit
Well I think it was a bad year for advertising execs. Everyone at my house agreed that the commercials this year were pretty lame. I guess we have come to expect a little more each year. I was pissy that I didnt get to see any caveman commercials :frowning:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Are you talking about the Geico caveman, or the Fed-Ex caveman? On our station they showed the old Geico commercial with the caveman in the airport on the moving walkway, but it may have just been a local insert.

My favorite was a tie between the Blockbuster mouse (first time I had seen it) and the Fed-Ex moon scene (even though I should have, I didn't expect that meteor).

Honorable mention goes to Careerbuilder and the "Lord of the Flies" type spoofs.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Garmin "Mapzilla" commercial. I thought that was by far the best of the broadcast.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was interesting that Fed Ex used th prehistoric, caveman theme last year, and then used a futurisitc space travel this year. I just read a crawl on my local news that some group from Michigan State University was calling the Immigrant ad from Bud light the winner.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The winner, hands down, was the FedEx commercial at our party, with the Blockbuster mouse clicking coming in second.

Rock, Paper, Sissors would have been pretty good, if it weren't a ripoff of the Nextel commercial ("Theft Deterent"). The best of the Bud ads was the auctioneer wedding. The GTA and Goulet ads were just too wierd. Both of the fan-pitched comercials for Doritoes and Ford were pretty darn funny. I also really liked the NFL commercial (which they were pimping in the game as the 2 minute warning was coming around, which we all thought was strange. An ad for the ad...)

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks