What's new

Faulty Dances W. Wolves SE? (1 Viewer)

Irene M

Auditioning
Hi everybody,

I'm the proud owner of the truly awsome new SE of "Dances With Wolves". I just seem to have a problem with Disc 1/side B. My stand-alone player plays everything except for the complete endcredits (it stops at 97:55) and the Original Making of.
When I tried to play the DVD on my DVD-ROM, again everything else worked just fine except for the above. Various attempts to get the Making of running with different software players even made my PC crash each time.
Anyone else having similar problems? Before I return the DVD to the online dealer, I'd like to be sure that it's really the disc that isn't working. I'd be very grateful for any comments.

I'm new here, so please feel free to move my thread to the appropriate forum if this shouldn't be the right one.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I haven't checked the disc on my stand-alone player yet, but on the PC I had no problems accessing the Original Making of, using PowerDVD.
Any idea when the layer change occurs on Side B? Maybe the second layer is f****d up.

Chris

Manny_S

Stunt Coordinator
My friend and I both bought this today. Upon unwrapping and opening the case, we were surprised to find finger prints on the first dvd. Is this a common occurence? I guess the person putting the discs inside the cases was not wearing gloves or something. :angry:

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
My disc freezes up at that exact same spot (at the epilogue/end credits chapter) on my Toshiba 2006. Plays fine on my DVD-Rom and my parents' Sharp dvd player. Making-of doc seems to work okay on all.

There was a long greasy streak on the top disc when I opened the package. Not exactly a fingerprint, though it could have been from someone's finger.

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Y'all had me worried, but I bought it anyway. 15.99 was too good a deal. I went straight to the end credits then the Making Of and both play fine on my new Denon 2900.

There was a long greasy streak on the top disc when I opened the package. Not exactly a fingerprint, though it could have been from someone's finger.
I had a similar streak, more a hazy film. It cleaned right off, but this is really unacceptable quality control.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I didn't have any fingerprints but the outer case fell apart as soon as I unwrapped it. The manufactures need to take better care in the quality control department if you ask me.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mine froze up towards the end of the movie on side B. The rest of the disc played fine. I haven't looked at the disc itself though to see if it has any type of smear on it or not.

Parker

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like that fingerprint, is a bonus feature(Maybe it's Kevin Costner's:) ), sort of like the piece of film in the SW Episode 1 VHS widescreen SE.

Seriously, I was going to pick this up today, but now I'm kind of leery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks