What's new

FATHER KNOWS BEST: Season 4 coming in March (1 Viewer)

JeffBoomer

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Tim, I've just added the "episode guide" for windows to the www.fatherknowsbest.com website. Here is the link:

http://fatherknowsbest.us/FKB/Window.html

This comes directly from the vaults that holds the masters to the series. Neil's link above is a great resource and has more info for particular episodes, but is missing episodes. My link gives you the titles of all 34 episodes, dates aired, prod #, sponsors (for the first 19 episodes) but no storylines, sorry. Like the rest of you, I have only seen the episodes that have been released on DVD, and can't add anything to the discussion, but hope that they'll put this series out on DVD if/when they complete season 6 of Father Knows Best.

And if you haven't done so already, check out www.fatherknowsbest.com when you get the chance. It has more info about the series than probably any other website on the net.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
WOW! That's great. It seems as though the bonus features have been including the episodes in order so far, with the exception of "Christmas Memory" which was included on the Merry Sitcom dvd. So if they include 2 more episodes on Season 4, we should get "The Boy Who's Got It Made" and "The Haunted House". I would love to see "The Haunted House". It sounds very intriguing. Hope it is included on the next set.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The 1st 2 seasons DVD of Father Knows Best contained episodes of Window On Main Street with the original commercials. But with the season 3 DVD of FKB, the "Window" episodes didn't have the original commercials. I don't know if Shout has started to edit these commercials out of the episodes, if they are they should leave them in the shows because these old ads are cool to see and they are part of our TV history!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by JeffBoomer

Hi, FYI: There were 34 episodes of Window on Main Street. (I help maintain the fatherknowsbest.com website and got this info from Robert Young's grandson, so the source is about as good as you can get!)

34 is not a good number of episodes. 30, 32, or 36 episodes would have been better.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I can undererstand 36 being better because it means there's more content, but just what's wrong with 34 episodes?

Is it a poor number to fit on disc (Have to have an extra disc just for 1-2 episodes for example) that reduces it's attractiveness as a standalone release? That's the only possible thing I can think of that you could mean, unless you just think 34 is a unlucky number.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

I can undererstand 36 being better because it means there's more content, but just what's wrong with 34 episodes?
Is it a poor number to fit on disc (Have to have an extra disc just for 1-2 episodes for example) that reduces it's attractiveness as a standalone release? That's the only possible thing I can think of that you could mean, unless you just think 34 is a unlucky number.
I don't think 34 is unlucky, I just don't care for the number. To me, acceptable numbers of episodes in TV show seasons are 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 36, and 39. But that doesn't stop me from buying shows that don't have that number of episodes in a season. If I really like a show, I'll buy the DVD regardless of how many episodes there are. There are just certain numbers that I prefer. Having said that, I would also like to have the full series of Window On Main Street, all 34 episodes. I guess they could make it a 5 disc set, 7 episodes per disc and the 5th disc would have 6 episodes and maybe any bonus features they could come up with.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I don't know how viable a release this would be for Shout but, if they do it, I would definitely buy a copy. I could see this being a direct-to-consumer release through their exclusives site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks