What's new

fastest guitar solo (1 Viewer)

veggiop

Grip
Real Name
veggiop
I‘ve heard of the fastest talker in the guinness book of world records , but I haven't heard of the fastest guitar solo....I figure its a bad Idea to say whats the best guitar solo being that everyone will be biased towards different bands. so does anyone know of the fastest technical solo? it doesnt from a band or even a good song, but just the fastest.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, there are probally tons a fastest solos out there not to up on the latest guitarists nowadays.

One solo I* heard that was impossibly fast was from Vinnie Moore Race with Destiny from the Time Odyssey album..

He performs some Heroic Sweeps..Good album good guitarist..

You can find fast solos types on you tube looking to get discovered..

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Vinnie Vincent (who replaced Ace Frehley in KISS for a while IIRC) was known for playing really fast. He also had a solo act called Vinnie Vincent Invasion that I only vaguely remember.

There was a guy named Berndt Steidl who played super-fast metal instrumentals on an acoustic guitar. He may still be around.

Of course, there's always Yngwie.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
There are probably a lot out there that could be considered the fastest. The one I've heard and consider pretty damn fast is the main solo near the end of Far Beyond the Sun off Yngwie's first album.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm definitely not a guitar or for that matter music expert. However, I had a CD of "Al Di Meola" a few years back, and he was pretty impressive.

stevedavis

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Would you Dance if i ask u to dance would u run and never look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERO- Unplugged by Enrique...

jim1987

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Anderson
Its a nice and worth wise information.But I think you should also try Slash.His guitar solo is amazing.He is the best guitarist ever this world produced.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Slash is good too. What would you say is his *fastest* (not necessarily best) guitar solo?

I hate that radio edit of November Rain where they cut out the whole instrumental section that builds to the guitar solo. Who thought that was a good idea?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I would second the Al Di Meola reference...

Not only is he extremely fast - but also he has a duet with the piano player at the end of the clip above where they are both playing the same, extremely fast part (5:23)...so fast with accuracy..

Habbakuk

Auditioning
Real Name
Habbakuk Jones
All of the guys mentioned here are not fast, including Mr. Yngwie. Sorry, sounding fast does not mean fast. I'm a guitarist and speed is measured in nps, or Notes Per Second. Most "fast" solos, including most of Yngwie, is around 14-16 nps. He does however on his song Blitzkreig (32nds at 140) - hit 18.6 nps. Besides from the above guy who plays Flight of the Bumblebee a million times faster than normal, probably the fastest player is Francesco Fareri, he does sweep picking arpeggios at 33 nps, that's over twice as fast as your standard fast solo. Michael Angelo Batio also sweeps ridiculous septuplets at 280bpm for a number of bars in the end solo of his "Video Jam", which is 28 nps. Other guys who have done extremely fast solos include Shawn Lane, Bumblefoot, Michael Romeo, and Jason Becker.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
The Flight video is impressive but it's not actually music. I'll take all those 'slow' guys at 14-16 nps any day.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
The mention of ~30 notes per second has me wondering... when these guys play, is there any sort of audible bass undertone, from the 30 Hz frequency of notes being hit? Maybe not, since I'm sure not all 30 nps are being picked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks