fast panning with BenQ W1070

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by grizz, Jun 27, 2013.

1. grizz

grizz Auditioning

franck
    Hello,

I am planning on buying this projector BenQ W1070
    I read one review regarding fast panning where the image will eventually stutter.

Does anybody know if that's a big concern? How bad it is?
    Any other projector in that $ range would be better?

thanks

2. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    I* am not sure what you mean by Stutter. The only thing I know about and it mostly happens with LCD TV's, Monitors is there is a Blur effect.. But if you keep the Response rate lower then 5ms you are good..Now with the LCD PRojector it might have something similar I am noit sure will check in a minute but if it does have the Response rate the lower the better..Hmmm, Weird I thought this was a LCD PRojector.. I don't think Stutter will be an issue with a DLP.. I have an older DLP Acer PH530 and do NOT notice and weird effects with Fast scenes.. I like Action Movies..

3. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Owner
    Owner

Dave Upton
    I have used this projector for about 100 hours. My findings were that it never had any issues with motion, either in film/TV or video games. Incredibly bright, sharp picture too. The only real complaints I have are placement flexibility is limited, and the black levels aren't great.Still, given the price - this thing is an outrageously good value.

grizz likes this.
  4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Glad it isn't just me.

I was trying to figure out how a DLP projector would have reviews saying it stutters. Maybe the OP should provide a link so we can all shake our heads at the nonsense.