What's new

fast and the furious for $9.99 (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I was at blockbuster returning crouching tiger previously viewed and traded it in for fast and the furious previously viewed. It's only $9.99, so why not. You've got 30 days to return it if you don't like it.

Michael Hartley

Auditioning
I picked up American Pie 2 for 9.99 as well. Just received an email from Hollywood Video saying they are selling previously viewed DVD's for 9.99, but not all stores participate in this deal.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jon.... aren't you saying you rent it for 30 days for free?

Don't know if that's really a bargain or a rip off. =)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jon.... aren't you saying you rent it for 30 days for free?
Jeff

I bought fast and the furious for $9.99 previously viewed. You have 30 days to exchange it for something else if you don't like it. My blockbuster says they'll only give you store credit, not cash back on previously viewed dvds. I think I got a great deal because it would cost double what I paid to get it new somewhere else. I've played it at least 5 times and no problems. Only thing lacking is the insert sheet, but who cares.

Also, blockbuster's policy is great. I kept returning it for something else. In theory, you could keep exchanging it (previously viewed dvds) indefinitely.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Also, blockbuster's policy is great. I kept returning it for something else. In theory, you could keep exchanging it (previously viewed dvds) indefinitely.
However, this type of abuse is what spoils "great return policies" for people who have more legitimate reasons for returning a movie unlike having watched it five times and now bored with it.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I haven't abused the policy. Chicken Run had a messed up menu and crouching tiger stopped at a certain chapter. Fast and the furious is definitely a keeper though.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Sorry if I misunderstood you.

I have bought three or four PVDs at Blockbuster with no problems even though they had minor scratches. However, when I bought The Score recently, they coated the disc with a Blockbuster sealent and the box is different than the standard one. I guess this isn't that big of deal, but something that just bugs me a little. But, for the price I got it at, I couldn't turn it down.

Rohini

Grip
Even www.half.com sells brand new DVDs and VHS for less. I bought two VHS. They were good. You may also use the following 'New Customer' coupons to get discount for the first time:
$5.00 off on $25.00 purchase -- Use Coupon Code: WHENU25
$10.00 off on $40.00 purchase -- Use Coupon Code: CAPITAL22
$10.00 off on $50.00 purchase -- Use Coupon Code: TEXT77
Have a nice day!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Usually those half.com coupons are for 1st time users, so pick the right one to use...wisely...

Jon Torres

Second Unit
However, when I bought The Score recently, they coated the disc with a Blockbuster sealent and the box is different than the standard one.
What do you mean a sealant? That's not the small sticker they place on the disc, is it? Hope it doesn't affect how the dvd plays.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
What do you mean a sealant? That's not the small sticker they place on the disc, is it? Hope it doesn't affect how the dvd plays.
The outside of the disc (where the disc art is at) has something called "DISC-SHIELD" (trademarked)...it's a real thin plastic sealent and there are, what looks like, two bar codes on the same side, as well. Let's just say it doesn't look very pleasing, aesthetically speaking. The opposite side of the disc, which your DVD player reads, is normal.

Overall, the more I look at it, the more I dislike. If this is going to be a new policy of Blockbuster's, I will have to re-consider buying a "Blockbustered" PVD.

At least Hollywood Video doesn't do this to theirs - at least yet! Although many of the cases they sell their PVDs in are not original cases but ones used for rentals.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Interesting Dave, I've never seen that. My Fast and Furious doesn't have that. I even peeled off the sticker the put over the UPC, that even bugged me. =)

I would have never taken the disc with stickers all over the top side.

Sounds like Jon has a bad dvd player or just bad luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks