What's new

Farscape: Starburst Edition (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Can you tell me a bit more about Re:Union?

Is it a lost episode or does it some how relate to Dream A Little Dream, which was suppose to be the Season 2 opener before they changed the broadcast order?

Andy

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Exactly, it was supposed to be the original S2 premiere, this is the cut that would have aired had it been scheduled as the premiere.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Up until now I haven't had any trouble finding these discs in my local B&M stores, but none of the stores in my area got this new Starburst edition in - no Best Buys, no Circuit City, no one. Did this get a smaller print run than the rest or something? Because my local Best Buys still have all the older starburst editions on the shelf.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

That started happening to me with the previous Starburst release. There were none to be found at any retail store in my area. I have seen one on a Best Buy shelf much later. The last Starburst edition that I could find on release day was the one that came out the same day as the "Peacekeeper Wars" DVD.

Same thing with this one. I just ordered it from DDD during their current sale.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Yeah, I just finished making a list of stuff to buy at DDD, and the Farscape disc is on it. Figured I'd get a few discs out of the way with the sale going on.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I went to Best Buy today and they have a date of 6/28 in their computer. My BB is only getting 3 copies as he said it doesn't sell well. I guess I'll be ordering online too. :frowning:

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
This probably isn't the topic to ask this, but are there any rumblings of a new edition of the Peacekeeper Wars DVD? It's so new so I'd guess not, I was thinking of going ahead and getting it during the DDD discount sale (how long does that last?) even though I won't want to watch it until all of the Starburst editions are out, but if there was going to be another edition by that time I was thinking of waiting.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Sean, at the current rate of release of the Starburst editions there will be probably be at least one or two more 20% DDD sales before they complete the series.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Hmm. OK if thats the case then I assume Dream a Little Dream will lead off Season 2 Vol 2, would you agree?

Andy

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
The extras for the Starburst Edition 2.1 include "Farscape in the raw - scenes from never-before-released director's cuts of every episode in this collection" - are these just additional deleted scenes that were not on the original DVDs or have these scenes been reintegrated into the episodes?

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I ordered mine off Bestbuy.com the other day when I didn't find it in my local one. I should have it tomorrow if no one answers your question by then.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Agree with the reality that the Farscape discs are hard to find in stores, but, I won't buy them online, not after 2 of the previous 3 editions had defective discs. Darn double sided crap seems to have more problems than normal DVDs.

So I'll wait for Best Buy to have this, just so I can exchange it more easily when it turns out to be defective.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

So actually that tag line should not read "scenes from never-before-released director's cuts of every episode in this collection" but rather "scenes from the still-never-released director's cuts of every episode in this collection".

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
I do a fair bit of traveling. One thing that I noticed was the collection of Farcscape DVD at Barnes & Noble. Has anyone bought DVDs from them? I haven't really compared prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks