What's new

Farscape Miniseries in the works?? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Check out this article at IGN FilmForce. If (big if) this is true it would be great news, but I'm very wary of getting my hopes up until we get an official word from Henson or someone involved with Farscape. With that being said, keep your fingers crossed for this weekend! :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
From the article:
A representative for the Sci-Fi Channel confirmed to IGN FilmForce that the network knows nothing about a Farscape mini-series. If Sci-Fi is not involved with a new Farscape mini, then where would it run?
I'm hoping for Showtime. Aeryn and Crichton could really get busy...

Edit: anyone going to ComicCon?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Dammit, just when I was getting over the fact that it was indeed OVER...
With the fact that the Henson family is buying back their company, Farscape being "over" for good is premature, Especially since Brian Henson knows the value of the franchise.

Jason

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
.oO(Thinking positive thoughts!)

Fantastic news if true. In the meantime I'm keeping my eye on savefarscape.com. :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
ComicCon came and went and no announcement, but Henson is still committed to Fasrcape. From SaveFarscape:

The basic word is this: They had no major announcement to make, the panelists were aware of the rumor, The Jim Henson Company is just as firmly committed to the Farscape Project as ever,

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I went to the Comic Con and listened to the panal and there was no definite word on the series future but he said something to the effect that they were doing everything they could to bring it back.
It was great to see everyone in person and Ben even made a call to Claudia and had everyone yell something into her Answering machine.
I have to say that they guy that played Rygel was a hoot.

Its funny after the convention was over and a few hours later, I was coming out of Pizza place in Hillcrest and saw Wayne (Scorpius) having dinner with a couple of friends.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I think most people are trying not to get their hopes up. Whether or not there are talks going on, I'd say the article is premature. Whatever the case, as soon as there is word from Henson or any other company involved, it'll be all over the internet. Still, it's great to know that so many involved are dedicated to doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks