Farscape 2/28/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Torres, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I have to say this was a fantastic episode. It was very exciting. Also, it was funny how Noranti gave Rygel the plague. I didn't think Scorpius had a chance against the Scarran and think he should have had a knife or something at least. Hmm.. I didn't expect Harvey to return at the end. They'll probably go after Scorpius next week.

2. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

Agreed on the quality of the episode. I thought it was great when Pip backhanded Sikouza when they were escaping. It's a frelling shame there's only three episodes left...

3. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Yeah, Chiana's fast becoming my favourite character. [​IMG]

4.19 was my favourite so far this season, but 4.20 is almost as good (and many UK Scapers disagree with me and say it's better).

If this is to be the last season of TV Farscape, then I'm really glad it's going out in style, guns a'blazing.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Gee, how come folks aren't complaining like they were when Enterprise did "yet another prison episode" this week? I mean, how many times has Moya come to a space station to retrieve something while Crichton & co. pretended to be something else (and aren't recognized, despite the presense of FTL communication that should reasonably have wanted posters all over the galaxy)? Isn't it getting sort of played out?

It's fun and all, but I got the distinct impression that we've seen it before.

5. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

6. Mark Wolverton

Mark Wolverton Stunt Coordinator

There is just no pleasing some people! I'm really glad to see that the quallity of Farscape hasn't fallen off since SciFi's taking over! I love this show and am a dedicated fan. I collect the DVD's and am glad to see new episodes.

OK it was a sorta prison episode but the whole thinf with the cyber Aryn and then having to rescue her from the scarins supports the entire story line.

I guess these people who complain about the plots think they could do better, but for some reason I never see their names in any credits. What's up with that? No flame here just a feeling good opinion.

Hugs and kisses [​IMG]

7. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Man,

I though Scorpius was GONE there at the end. I really like him, but I guess he's gonna turn out to be the ULTIMATE Bad Guy somewhere in the next three episodes.

Also, what was with Sokozu and the Heat Ray from the hand?!?!?!?!?

One last question there Jon...who the hell is Harvey and where was he in the episode?

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

9. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Jason,

The opinions thus far, including my own, is that this episode was neither sub-par nor was it running on auto-pilot. As for the parallels with Enterprise, I haven't been watching it so I can't comment on them.

I haven't found these prison episodes monotonous. That's the key. Every show follows some patterns - it is the subtleties within these patterns that either create interest or, in a lack of subtleties, create boredom. I haven't been bored. I long ago became bored with Enterprise and thus I no longer watch it.

10. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

11. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

Yes, Wayne got it exactly right re: Harvey. I'll just add that Scorpius was the one who put him in there in the first place and we thought took him out.

I also want to know about Sikozu and the heat ray thing. Maybe it's something she learned from Scorpius. She's a mighty smart girl. Remember she can walk on walls, so maybe she has more powers than we know about.

I've never seen Enterprise, so I can't compare the two, but I'm not tired of the prison story. They're being chased by Peacekeepers and now Scarrans, so it's not totally out there that one of them ends up captured once in a while.

12. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

13. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Wayne,

I haven't watched regularly at all, until the second half of this season. I had no idea who Harvey was but now that you've told me, I suppose that Harvey was the guy in the Coffin that told Crichton he had to rescue Scorpius...correct?

As far as me not watching, that is something that I truly regret now and I'll have to start gettin the DVDs. My only hope is the they continue to do Complete Season releases like they have currently with Season One!

14. Jacob Perry

Jacob Perry Stunt Coordinator

Paul the entire first and second season are out on Dvd, and the third season has all ready been announced.

It was great seeing Harvey again.

Did anyone else think that Chiana was gonna end up carrying Aeryns baby at the end? Nothing would surprise me on Farscape.

Previews for next weeks Ep

Looks like the Return of Stark

I love this show!

JP

15. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

16. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

17. Mark Wolverton

Mark Wolverton Stunt Coordinator

I totally agree about not trusting Sikozu. She's had a thing for Scorpy from the beginning. Got to watch out for her!