What's new

Farscape 2/28/03 (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I have to say this was a fantastic episode. It was very exciting. Also, it was funny how Noranti gave Rygel the plague. I didn't think Scorpius had a chance against the Scarran and think he should have had a knife or something at least. Hmm.. I didn't expect Harvey to return at the end. They'll probably go after Scorpius next week.

Duane R

Second Unit
Agreed on the quality of the episode. I thought it was great when Pip backhanded Sikouza when they were escaping. It's a frelling shame there's only three episodes left...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Yeah, Chiana's fast becoming my favourite character. ;)

4.19 was my favourite so far this season, but 4.20 is almost as good (and many UK Scapers disagree with me and say it's better).

If this is to be the last season of TV Farscape, then I'm really glad it's going out in style, guns a'blazing.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Gee, how come folks aren't complaining like they were when Enterprise did "yet another prison episode" this week? I mean, how many times has Moya come to a space station to retrieve something while Crichton & co. pretended to be something else (and aren't recognized, despite the presense of FTL communication that should reasonably have wanted posters all over the galaxy)? Isn't it getting sort of played out?

It's fun and all, but I got the distinct impression that we've seen it before.

JayV

Supporting Actor
I mean, how many times has Moya come to a space station to retrieve something while Crichton & co. pretended to be something else
Well, to be fair, they have to go to space stations/planets for resupply. It's a fact of life in the Farscape universe. Further, it is incidental to the plot and serves only to drive the story and character development.

I believe the complaints against "yet another prison episode" are directed more towards a feeling that the prison setting is the plot and exists as a result of a lack of ideas. IMHO.

-j

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
There is just no pleasing some people! I'm really glad to see that the quallity of Farscape hasn't fallen off since SciFi's taking over! I love this show and am a dedicated fan. I collect the DVD's and am glad to see new episodes.

OK it was a sorta prison episode but the whole thinf with the cyber Aryn and then having to rescue her from the scarins supports the entire story line.

I guess these people who complain about the plots think they could do better, but for some reason I never see their names in any credits. What's up with that? No flame here just a feeling good opinion.

Hugs and kisses :D

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Man,

I though Scorpius was GONE there at the end. I really like him, but I guess he's gonna turn out to be the ULTIMATE Bad Guy somewhere in the next three episodes.

Also, what was with Sokozu and the Heat Ray from the hand?!?!?!?!?

One last question there Jon...who the hell is Harvey and where was he in the episode?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I guess these people who complain about the plots think they could do better, but for some reason I never see their names in any credits. What's up with that? No flame here just a feeling good opinion.
Hey, I was just pointing out that, as much as people flamed Enterprise earlier this week for falling back on an oft-used plot... Farscape is capable of the same thing, and this wasn't exactly their best use of it.

Granted, Farscape running on autopilot is generally better than every other sci-fi show on TV. Just thought it was an interesting double-standard.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Jason,

The opinions thus far, including my own, is that this episode was neither sub-par nor was it running on auto-pilot. As for the parallels with Enterprise, I haven't been watching it so I can't comment on them.

I haven't found these prison episodes monotonous. That's the key. Every show follows some patterns - it is the subtleties within these patterns that either create interest or, in a lack of subtleties, create boredom. I haven't been bored. I long ago became bored with Enterprise and thus I no longer watch it.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
One last question there Jon...who the hell is Harvey and where was he in the episode?
I guess you haven't been watching the whole series... Harvey is what Crichton calls the imaginary Scorpius inside his head. A reference to the Jimmy Stewart movie.

I'm also curious about Sikozu doing the heat ray thing with her hand. That's a Scarran thing, but her species is Kalish, a race which was conquered by the Scarrans. Is she part Scarran or something? She's got secrets and it's hard to trust her.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Yes, Wayne got it exactly right re: Harvey. I'll just add that Scorpius was the one who put him in there in the first place and we thought took him out.

I also want to know about Sikozu and the heat ray thing. Maybe it's something she learned from Scorpius. She's a mighty smart girl. Remember she can walk on walls, so maybe she has more powers than we know about.

I've never seen Enterprise, so I can't compare the two, but I'm not tired of the prison story. They're being chased by Peacekeepers and now Scarrans, so it's not totally out there that one of them ends up captured once in a while.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Just thought it was an interesting double-standard.
Not really. Enterprise rehashes a bad Voyager plot with an equally inane one (or more so, if they can pull it off), or it steals from an entertaining story and makes it worse (like the recent 'Con Air' ep).

OTOH, Farscape, when it covers old ground, covers the ground that won high fan acclaim, and maintains the quality.

I don't care if I've seen a similar plot all before, so long as it's well-writen, well-acted, and continues to entertain.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Wayne,

I haven't watched regularly at all, until the second half of this season. I had no idea who Harvey was but now that you've told me, I suppose that Harvey was the guy in the Coffin that told Crichton he had to rescue Scorpius...correct?

As far as me not watching, that is something that I truly regret now and I'll have to start gettin the DVDs. My only hope is the they continue to do Complete Season releases like they have currently with Season One!

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Paul the entire first and second season are out on Dvd, and the third season has all ready been announced.

It was great seeing Harvey again.

Did anyone else think that Chiana was gonna end up carrying Aeryns baby at the end? Nothing would surprise me on Farscape.

Previews for next weeks Ep

Looks like the Return of Stark

I love this show!

JP

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I also want to know about Sikozu and the heat ray thing. Maybe it's something she learned from Scorpius. She's a mighty smart girl. Remember she can walk on walls, so maybe she has more powers than we know about.
I wonder if Sikozu has any Scarran traits in her and if this is one of them. In one of the Unrealized Realities, John and Braca found her to be a Scarran spy so it's always possible.

As far as the whole prison rescue masquerade being done again, it's always done creatively on Farscape, and the crew are fugitives, so they can't exactly come in announcing themselves.

Also, great episode title as usual, I read that the UK blacked out the "We're So Screwed" part because it aired in an early timeslot or something like that.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
The walk on walls thing is a trait of her species, at least according to the website. We were meant to recognize her use of the heat ray thing as being Scarran-like and peculiar, D'Argo certainly thought it was when he witnessed it. She can't be trusted and I was glad to see Chiana knock her out cold.

I've never felt that Farscape has rehashed anything, either what they or other series have done previously. I didn't see this as another "prison" episode. If anybody wants to point out something that's "been done before" they should mention "quarantine" as a plot device that keeps everyone from leaving a place in order to buy more time to accomplish some given task. But Farscape carried out that plot in a way that was unique as far as I'm concerned.

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I totally agree about not trusting Sikozu. She's had a thing for Scorpy from the beginning. Got to watch out for her!

Users who are viewing this thread