What's new

Farewell To Farscape (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say it, but I'm also in the camp where I wish they edited out the cliffhanger. When they were on the boat I kept saying to my wife... "We should turn it off now... nice happy ending!" But, no... I had to watch them get turned into dust... or something. At least it appeared they wrapped up the present storyline and that for now Earth is safe.

And I agree, D'argo's scream was gut-wrenching and heartfelt.

Even if Farscape comes back, they may not continue this storyline. I had heard that if they do a theatrical movie, they would want to start an unrelated story, instead of confusing the non-die-hards. Of course it looks like they were starting a whole new story at the end anyway...

Ric

Jon Torres

Second Unit
At least it appeared they wrapped up the present storyline and that for now Earth is safe.
Didn't the Scarran ship headed toward Earth get to the other side of the wormhole though?

Cliffhanger ending, I'm okay with that as long as we get to see what's to be continued some way or another.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Didn't the Scarran ship headed toward Earth get to the other side of the wormhole though?
As I saw it, it blew up as it hit the other end of the wormhole getting sucked back - John's ship was dragging the other end of the bubble through the wormhole so there was no other side to Earth anymore at that point. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
As I saw it, it blew up as it hit the other end of the wormhole getting sucked back - John's ship was dragging the other end of the bubble through the wormhole so there was no other side to Earth anymore at that point. At least that's how I interpreted it.
After rewatching it, it looks like the Scarran stryker gets destroyed, but you never know with Farscape.

I really hope Farscape comes back. How much does it cost to produce the show anyway?

Joel C

Screenwriter
1.5 million, I heard. That's less than Buffy or Enterprise. I doubt the show will ever come back, but I am holding out hope for Showtime or UPN.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I must say that I enjoyed the episode immensely, and was quite happy with the show wrapping up...until those last few moments. :angry: I'm not going to get angry over them doing that and I understand that the creators left it "as is" to be truthful to the format of the show but...D'Argo's scream... I told my Mom (who also loves the show) that after watching that I should have watched the finale to Quantum Leap so I wouldn't be so depressed for once. That ending always ticks me off too, but anyway, it doesn't matter, good show, good fun...goodbye! :)

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
The beginning and ending of the episode sucked, but the rest was good. I hate it when they start the episode out with that screwy editing that makes you wonder if you missed a previous episode; they've done it before and even though I know it's a gimmic/style thing, I still find it very annoying (and not in a good way).

And I definitely agree with the others that the ending sucked. Not so much because it was a cliffhanger, but because it was totally out of the blue and had nothing to do with the rest of the episode. That was just lame.

While I'm disappointed the show was canceled, I think the irrational hatred of SciFi is misplaced. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the time there were perfectly good justifications for their decision. At that time, ratings were on the decline, and quite a few fans (including myself) were disappointed with the spotty quality of the eps from the first half of season 4 which aired last summer. On top of that, SciFi was being asked to pay more money. Can you really blame them for canceling the show? This ain't a charity, folks, it's a business. If they thought they could make money by continuing to air the show I'm sure they wouldn't have canceled it, but those are the breaks. I blame the studio/distributors just as much as SciFi for the cancelation.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This ain't a charity, folks, it's a business. If they thought they could make money by continuing to air the show I'm sure they wouldn't have canceled it, but those are the breaks. I blame the studio/distributors just as much as SciFi for the cancelation.
Well, I do blame EM.TV equally in all of this, but I still think that Sci-Fi could have done a better job with 4th season, and could have treated their best series with more respect. Sticking it at 10PM on Friday wasn't a good move. (Should have stuck "The Dead Zone" there and put SG-1 and Farscape before it.) Nor is eskewing reruns. It would have also been nice to give the series a chance to wrap it up, which it didn't. I'm not saying a 5th season, but some way to wrap things up the way they wanted to.

Course, it means now that there are no genre shows that I want to watch on TV now. It is a dark time for Sci-Fi on TV.

Jason

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Boy am I going to miss this show.
I am a fairly new fan. Didnt have Sci Fi a few years ago but have caught up through DVD.
Great show and so much better than that mediocre Enterprise.

The ending was very sad but I was torn about how they should have ended it. They could have cut after John and Aeryn kissed and faded away but would that have been Farscape?
On the other hand, To be continued when we dont know for sure wether it will is maddening.

I continue to send faxes and call the viewer comment line and hope that Sci Fi will eventually reconsider, at least to tie things up.
I am still surprised that they havent budged with the fan outcry.

Duane R

Second Unit
There may be a changing of the guard at SCiFi. It looks as though Viacom may be buying SciFi here shortly. If that's the case, I would imagine Diller and Jackson would be out and new management might be more receptive to reviewing SciFi's frell up with Farscape.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Viacom has been considering purchasing USA Networks for some time, though now they're considering buying Vivendi's entire American entertainment division (basically, Universal and its subsidiaries).

Interestingly enough, soon after Universal bought out Paramount's half of USA Networks, Viacom's CEO Sumner Redstone made noises about starting a "real" science fiction channel, but was apparently convinced that the market wouldn't support two. Hopefully if Viacom did buy USA Networks, he'd consider making such an editorial edict.

Duane R

Second Unit
Some of the more adept fans of the show may already know this, but I just noticed Stark (Paul Goddard) was also Agent Brown in the Matrix. I didn't realize this until the credits were rolling and spotted the name. I had to go back and take another look to confirm. Speaking of Stark, someone suggested that since the show is now resting (according to DK), Stark could have his own show, "Crossing over with Stark":D. Someone else came up with this idea over at the Frell Me Dead BBS after noting that his "crossing" souls over was probably a dig at that hack John Edwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks