What's new

Fantasy Football 2004 Discussion and Advice (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Some help here:
I have Tim rattay as my backup qb should I drop him for any of the following:
Joey Harrington
QB Feeley, A.J. MIA
QB Brees, Drew SDC
QB Bledsoe, Drew BUF
QB Grossman, Rex

Also my main kicker has a bye week this week and my back up is Olindo mare(looks like he is off to a rough start)..should I drop him and pick up someone like:

Graham, Shayne
Peterson, Todd
Christie, Steve
Rackers, Neil
Kaeding, Nate

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Rattay's hurt, isn't he? If he's still out, your best bet from that list is Harrington or Bledsoe. Joey has more potential, and Buffalo's offense has sucked so far, but Bledsoe is more experienced. Neither has any chance of being benched (like Brees and Feeley), and I just do not believe that Grossman is an NFL starting-caliber QB. If you need the backup this week, Buffalo is on a bye.

Kickers are all the same. Take the one that plays on the best offense.

The bye weeks are starting, so I have a couple of decisions to make for fill-ins (I'm missing Brady, Travis Henry and Deion Branch this week):

QB: Gannon vs. Tampa or Leftwich at Tenn
RB/WR: TGlenn at Wash, RWayne vs. GB, CGarner at Oak -- pick two

Right now I'm going with Gannon, Garner and Wayne, but I'm not real thrilled with Garner so far.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
man, won this weekend but my team took a beating ... Edgerrin out at least this week (have Rhodes, tho) and Deuce out 4-6. OUCH. Maddox is out as well but I'm dropping him.

Thank God McNabb got me the 8 pts (+12 more) that I needed last night. Next week is gonna be rough with the injuries and losing Branch & Pennington to byes.

Harrington
McNabb
Barber
Rhodes
Chambers
Walker
Mason
Vinatieri

may play Stecker for Chambers if I get him via waivers. Or maybe Emmitt or Eddie George.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well, the weekly waiver deadline for my money league is tonight and I have a chance to pick up some RB's who are filling in for injured starters. Both Rhodes and Blaylock are available, but I'm trying to decide if they are worth losing one of my other backs. My starters are Portis and T.Jones. My bench has Staley and Garner. So far, Garner hasn't done much, but for some reason, Im reluctant to drop him for a temporary solution, that I may not even put in as a starter ahead of Portis/Jones. Any thoughts guys?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Why drop a starter to pick up someone who's only going to start one week? You won't even use them anyway since Portis and T. Jones will be your starters. Don't do it.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Yeah Tim, your probably right. I kinda was thinking the same thing, just wondering if there any justification for pulling the trigger.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I need some help as I got QB problems this week..

My backup is Mark Brunell :thumbsdown:

My options are:

Rex Grossman vs Minnesota
Brad Johnson vs Oakland
Rothlesberger vs Miami
Brees vs Denver

All of them are bad but which might give me the most points this week? Right now I'm going with Brad Johnson but that is a real reach. Either way I'm in deep tapioka this week.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I agree. Backups like Rhodes and Blaylock are only useful if (1) you have an open roster spot, or (2) you also have the starter that they are backing up. In my money league, we can carry 6 running backs. Right now I have Alexander, Henry, Garner, Fargas, Morris and Pittman. I will hang onto Morris and Pittman because they are Alexander and Garner's handcuffs (and Pittman may start when he returns form suspension next week).

Shane, that's not a great choice of QB's. I would probably go with Johnson, too, given those choices. Be prepared for a possible zero or even negative point total, though. If Johnson struggles early, he could get benched again for Simms. Is Patrick Ramsey available? If so, he may be a better bet.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes but they are playing Dallas and I think he will not have a good time against them. They OWN him.

If anything I'm leaning towards Brees if I do change my mind.

This is all just a side effect of playing in a 14 team league. I don't have these issues in my 10 teamer league.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Shane - Ouch! Yep, you've got QB problems. :D Johnson and Brees both were pulled last week and it could happen again this week. I might be inclined to go with Grossman out of those 4. At least he'll play the whole game and the MN defense is nothing great. I like Big Ben but it's his first start and the Dolphins defense is tough. Tough decision no matter how you look at it.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
That's the problem in playing in a 14 team league.

WR and RB wise I'm fine. I could only hope that Johnson gives me 12 points this week.. Then again he is more than likely able to give me -12 points.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Wide reciever dilemma.
I get 2 starters from my 4 recievers.
D. Stallworth vs STL
D. Hall vs HOU
P. Burress vs MIA
T. Glenn vs WAS

I like Stallworth this week, but having problems deciding on my 2nd. I was leaning towards Hall due all of the gimpy recievers KC has and their playing HOU. I also have a chance to pick up R. Caldwell (WR from SD) from the free agent pool as another option.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hall is also on KC's injury report. I would suggest starting Glenn. I'm starting him instead of Charlie Garner at my last RB/WR spot this week (I have bye week issues). Glenn should have a good game.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Ok here it goes> I have steve mcnair and tim rattay as my QBs.
Since Steve might be out this sunday and tim isn't ready to play who should I pick up from the below:

Harrington, Joey - bye week is this weekend so I could still pick him up but I would have to drop Tim.

Grossman, Rex - out for the year
Johnson, Brad
Brees, Drew - I had as a backup and dropped already.
Boller, Kyle
Feeley, A.J.
Bledsoe, Drew
McCown, Josh
Collins, Kerry
Flutie, Doug
Brunell, Mark
Dorsey, Ken
Simms, Chris
Ramsey, Patrick
Maddox, Tommy

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Thanks guys....I will pick him up then.
Do you think I should still drop tim rattay and pick up another player?
here is my current team with bye weeks listed:

QBMcNair, SteveTEN9
QBRattay, TimSFO7
RBBarber, TikiNYG6
RBHenry, TravisBUF3
RBTaylor, FredJAC9
WRJohnson, AndreHOU7
WRMoss, SantanaNYJ3
WRWilliams, Roy XDET4
TEJones, FreddieARI6
TEKinney, ErronTEN9
KMare, OlindoMIA10
KVinatieri, AdamNEP3
DTCarolina Panthers3
DTDetroit LionsDET4

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dump your 2nd kicker if you want to keep Rattay. New England had their bye week, so there is no reason to carry two kickers on your roster.

Well, Rich Gannon's injury cost me a loss. He got me 0.54 points in our scoring system, and I lost by a little over 2 points. The ironic thing is that Derrick Brooks, who tackled Gannon on the play, was also in my lineup.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Ugh, horrible week for me. Lost in all 3 leagues Im in. Oh well, if your gonna suck, get it all over with at once I say. And I got the lowest score of everyone in the HTFI league, thanks to Gannon (had to start him due to Brady's bye) and a starting WR that went down with no pts. Speaking of WR, why does it seam like such a hard position to fill for me? I guess losing Rogers in week 1 didn't help. Oh well, off to troll the waiver list.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Luckily for me he did this. I can't count on him for more than that though in the future if I had to stick with him. Oh well back to Delhomme I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks