Fantasy Football 2003

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Robert_eb, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

2. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

No dice on the trade there. I didn't figure he would go for it but I wanted to open the idea up to him. He didn't send back a counter offer though. [​IMG]

Good to hear you've listened to the voice of reason Scott. [​IMG] I am a FFB god, muhaahahahaaaa... [​IMG][​IMG]

In that league, I'm torn on the RB situation though.
    Here's who I have and who they play against;(#) is that teams rank in rushing defense.

SDavis vs TB (11)
    JLewis vs STL (14)
    CGarner vs NYJ (32)
    RWilliams vs TN (1)
    AThomas vs DET (19)

Just going by the numbers, I should start Garner and Thomas in my RB slots. But considering that Oakland's offense has been in a rut anyhow, I'm very hesitant to do so; similar situation with Thomas. But Williams vs TN? Yeeow. TN got me earlier this year, stopping Davis for 20 yds though had Carolina kept in closer, he probably would've had decent yards. This is a rough week for my matchups.

3. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

That's a tough RB decision. SDavis is listed as questionable on the injury report and Carolina is playing Tampa, so you may want to sit him. It's tough to bench either him or RWilliams, though. I'd probably go with Ricky and AThomas, but Garner is a decent play against a poor Jets run defense. If NY is smart, though, they will stack the line and force Rick Mirer to beat them.

4. Dave George

Dave George Stunt Coordinator

I'm in a similar situation to John, I need to decide on which ONE to start - Anthony Thomas, Charlie Garner, or Troy Hambrick. Hambrick is playing the Bills. I'm leaning toward Thomas, but would welcome opinions.

I also need to make a decision between Marty Booker and Eric Moulds. Booker's playing Detroit, Moulds is at Dallas. Both are coming off injuries. Dallas has the #1 rated pass defense, but Booker has been worthless all year due to Chicago's quaterback troubles. I'm leaning toward Booker anyway. Any thoughts?

Edit - I've got David Boston as well, and can play 2 of the three receivers. Boston's at Minnesota.

5. John Thomas

Dave, I'd go with Thomas.

I'd go with Moulds only because of the fact that if you go with Thomas, you'd be too invested in that particular game. Maybe if Flutie's playing, Boston becomes more appealing. [​IMG]

6. John Thomas

Well, I imagine Scott wishes he wouldn't have listened to me about the Green/Kitna situation (Green: 368, 3td / Kitna: 182yd, 1 td 1 int) but if he'd listened to me in an earlier post ("maybe Calico vs Miami would be a sleeper pick.") those points would've been made up. [​IMG]

Man, my team got railed today. I'll still be in first place but by a nose...

7. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

8. John Thomas

Don't feel bad Scott. In the local league, I had to bench Stephen Davis and Ricky Williams. Not gonna win too many games when you have to bench your top two performers. I had Coles but didn't start him; had Toomer and Moulds get me 6 points...augh. Plus I started Garner; woohoo! Out on thevery first play of the game. Mumble grumble sgrguagkdjfkl

My frustration can't be translated properly through this medium but i'd imagine most ffb players have felt it before.

I've got an outside shot to win still if Ahman Green doesn't go off.

9. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

I'm feeling much better this morning about my stupid move of benching Trent Green. I still would have lost by 6 points with TGreen in my lineup (I lost by 27 points).

This week's starting dilemma:

Pick two:

AThomas vs. Rams
    TStreets vs. Pitt
    Hilliard @ Philly
    Driver @ Tampa
    McCariens/Calico vs. Jax

Right now I have Streets and Thomas in the lineup, but I'm not sure Thomas is a good play. It's difficult to choose between the two Titan receivers, since neither has stood out over the other. Driver against the Bucs is a tough matchup, as is Hilliard against the Eagles.

10. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Donald Driver capped off my losing season in my money league last night. My wide receivers for the week...

Ike Hilliard...18 yds
    Isaac Bruce....13 yds
    Donald Driver..18 yds

At least I made up for it at the running back position, right? Nope.

Edgerrin James...44 yds rushing, 26 yds receiving
    Michael Bennett..23 yds rushing, 22 yds receiving, 1 fumble

So don't anybody talk to me about bad weeks. The worst part was that I was facing my friend from work with whom I frequently trash talk. Worse than that - he only beat me by about 5 pts total.

This puts me at 4-6 with a 99.9999% certainty of not making the playoffs.

Argggggh!

Brad

11. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

You can only start 2 of these three running backs:

1. Deuce McAllister vs Atlanta (Third worst rushing defense)
    2. Michael Bennett vs Oakland (Second worst rushing defense)
    3. Edgerrin James vs NYJ (Worst rushing defense)

As far as I'm concerned, Deuce is in because New Orleans has no problems giving him the ball regularly. Edge vs Bennett is what's troubling me.

Edge only got 15 carries last week and both Harrison and Pollard are out for the game. The Jets also clobbered the Colts 41-0 in their last meeting, so it's possible the Colts could be playing from behind.

Bennett only got seven carries last week and Moe Williams is always there on third down and goal-line situations. His advantage is he can break the long-yardage run for a score at any moment.

Oh, how I wish we had the freaking flex position! Your thoughts?

Brad

12. John Thomas

Brad, no doubt Deuce is in. He's solid. Between Bennett and James, I'm not so certain either one is a lock but I'd go James. Indy still has Wayne and Clark; I'm not sold on Bennett yet. He's lightning fast but there must be a reason that he hasn't been handed the reins yet. Moe Williams got some crazy points last week and I figure that impressed Tice enough to keep him as his main man. I haven't read anything about the Vikes RBs this week though. If it were me, I'd go James and keep an eye on Williams/Bennett to see if anything pans out.

How about this stinker of matchups:

Pick 3 WRs, 2 RBs and a Wr/Rb flex to start out of the following:

RWilliams v Balt (probable)
    JLewis vs Miami
    SDavis vs Wash (probable)
    AThomas vs StL
    CGarner vs Minn (doubtful)
    SMoss vs Indy
    TOwens vs Pitt (probable)
    LColes vs Car (probable)
    EMoulds vs Hous (questionable)
    AToomer vs Philly

My QB is a tossup this week. I've got Brooks v ATL or Bulger @ CHI. The main reason I'm iffy on Bulger is that he's out of his element (dome).

Actually have a DEF tossup as well; TB v GB or Miami v Balt?
    TB is a better D overall but Miami's playing Baltimore. Of course, I'm banking on Jamal Lewis, so I'm not optimizing my points here..

I've got a slew of other questions but I'll take a break on you guys for now. [​IMG]

13. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Brad,

I'd go with McAllister and James. Moe Williams was "supposed" to take a back seat last week (so I benched him) and he of course blew up big time. I think they'll keep feeding Moe the balls (rushes and passes) until he stops producing. And Edge is due for a big game.

John,

QB - Brooks!

WR - Moss, Owens and Coles - Solid trio here.

RB - Davis and Williams

Flex- Lewis

D - Miami

Nice team. [​IMG]

Here are my decisions:

QB - Favre @ TB -or- P. Ramsey @ CAR

RB - (Pick 2) - Pittman vs. GB, Moe Williams @ OAK, Curtis Martin vs. MIN

WR - (pick 2, because Hines Ward gets spot #1) - Jimmy Smith @ SF, Terry Glenn @ NE, Deion Branch vs. DAL, Corey Bradford @ BUF, Peerless Price @ NO

K and D are set (Vanderkicker and KC D)

Have fun tomorrow! Go Eagles.

14. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

15. John Thomas

ScottW:

QB P. Ramsey @ CAR- think he lights it up
    RB Pittman vs. GB, Moe Williams @ OAK
    WR Jimmy Smith @ SF, Peerless Price @ NO

ScottM:

I start Kitna over Green. [​IMG]

16. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

17. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Well, I hope whoever was mulling Edge vs. another back went with Edge.

18. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

19. John Thomas

20. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

0-2 today. I'm furious!

Argh!