What's new

Fantasy Football 2003 (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I also have to make a decision on Edge. Unfortuantely, for me it's him or Anthony Thomas. Thomas has had good games the past two weeks, but if James is playing I'll obviously take him. Any suggestions?
I would have no problem starting Thomas. Like Scott said, he's had 2 straight 100 yd games and he's going against the poor NO defense. I'm starting him in one of my leagues to cover for Tomlinson's bye. He should have a very good week.

In my league I have a choice between Edge, Ricky Williams (Ind), Antowain Smith, Andre Johnson or Santana Moss. I'll probably start Ricky Williams but if Edge starts, then I'm screwed. I could play it safe and just start Andre Johnson but I'm not sure what he's gonna do against TEN.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Andrew,

Driver should be in your lineup every week now that he's healthy. Favre is once again focusing on him. As for the other starter, both Lelie and Jackson have favorable matchups. As a tiebreaker, consider that Denver's starting QB is still in doubt -- Plummer is questionable.

One other item in Anthony Thomas's favor this weekend. The Bears third down back in hurt, so Thomas will be left in on passing plays, too. If you're in a league that give points for yardage and/or receptions, you may get some extra points from A-Train this week.

Finally, if you own Thomas, I would hang on to him for the duration. The Bears play some very poor defenses in the next several weeks -- New Orleans, Arizona, Detroit (twice).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I started Lelie in a second "fun" (i.e. no money) league, too. I figured he would be a good play against Pittsburgh's terrible pass defense. However, Beurlien looked to his veteran receivers throughout the game. I'm still not sold on Boldin, though. He's a rookie receiver playing on a very bad team. That almost always results in very inconsistent play.

My decision between Rice and Streets turned out to not matter. Neither did much, but I have both Ahman and Trent Green, and they both had huge games. I lead by 66 points and my opponent only has Duckett and Gordon tonight. They would both need career games for him to catch me (the two Greens netted me 62 points). His two best players, McNab and Owens, did nothing this weekend.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm trying to work out a trade to improve my QB depth. I currently have Trent Green, Jay Fiedler and Jon Kitna. I offered Fiedler for Maddox (he also has Bulger and Pennington). He countered with Maddox for Kitna. Any opinions on the counter offer?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'd trade either of those QBs for Maddox. I think that the Steelers will get their passing game back on track after the bye this week. If they don't, their season is over.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I went ahead and made the deal, getting Maddox for Kitna. Maddox's schedule is slightly more favorable, and there is also the possibility that Kitna could get benched in favor of #1 draft pick Carson Palmer later in the year as the Bengals keep losing. Maddox certainly has more potential, as Tim said. Also, there is no one on the bench to take away his job.

After this week's bye, I can dump a tight end. So, I may pick up Griese off the waiver wire, too, in case Fiedler loses his starting spot.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
WEEK 7

Out of 3 leagues I'm in, I'm #1 in two of 'em. Scrwew the HTF/Afterhourslounge.com league, I'm way too gone there.

League 1:

QB (1): MBulger or BJohnson
WR (3): EMoulds, TOwens, LColes, ABoldin, AToomer, JMorton
RB (2): RWilliams, JLewis, SDavis, CGarner, Deshaun Foster
TE (1): RMcMichael
Flex 1: Any leftover WR or RB
K..(1): JWilkins
DEF 1:: TBay

League 2:

QB (1): MBulger or PRamsey
WR (3): KRobinson, IHilliard, DStallworth (no choice here)
RB (2): RWilliams, TBarber, GHearst, MoeWilliams, CDillon
TE (1): BFranks
K: JElam
DEF: Carolina

I'm trying to offer up a RB for a WR in this league (trying to either trade Moe or Hearst for Chad Johnson for example). My other WR is Hines Ward but he's on bye week.

In league 2, are there any other ways of going about getting another WR? I thought about trading Tiki or Dillon for a better WR too but I can't get a feel of how these people trade. Any suggestions?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I thought about trading Tiki or Dillon for a better WR too but I can't get a feel of how these people trade. Any suggestions?
You should be able to get something for Barber. Dillon's value is probably too low right now because of his injury. He will be more valuable once he starts playing again. Starting RB's not sharing carries should be worth a quality WR in most leagues, since there are so few. Barber should be worth a lot more than Hearst, who shares carries with Barlow (and the Niners' offensive line is in ruins).

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to decide on a qb this week..

Favre vs St Louis @ St Louis

or

Quincy Carter vs Detroit @ Detroit

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Both Carter and Favre should good starts. I still have a hard time thinking of Quincy Carter as a good NFL QB (yes, I realize he has good stats), though, so I'd personally go with Favre. Disclaimer: I'm starting Carter over Gannon this week in a "fun" non-money league. Part of this, though, is for the humor value of getting some points while watching my hometown Lions get beat again.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I worry about Favre in a dome.. almost every time, no matter how bad the team is, he plays horrible. And the Rams defense ain't bad.

I'd go with Quincy.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to add more confusion, but I'd start Favre. The Rams pass defense isn't all that great, plus this game could be a back-and-forth shootout which means Favre will get plenty of opportunities to air it out. I'm starting him in my league over Jeff Garcia and Patrick Ramsey.

But I also have an advice request. Pick two of these 4 RBs:

Charlie Garner vs. KC
Michael Pittman at SF
Curtis Martin at HOU
Ladell Betts at BUF

I have reasons for liking all four of 'em this weekend...which adds a good amount of confusion to my decisions. ;) Thanks.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'd take Garner and Pittman. Is Betts healthy?

Here's my starting dilemma this week. My lineup so far:

QB: Trent Green
RB: Ahman Green, Domanick Davis
WR: Donald Driver, Jerry Rice

I am missing both Edgerrin James (bye week) and Anthony Thomas (sprained foot). Therefore, I need to start one of the following receivers:

Ike Hilliard (vs. Philly)
Tai Streets (vs. Tampa)
Justin McCariens (vs. Carolina)
Nate Burleson (vs. Denver)

Right now, I have Hilliard in the lineup. However, I have a feeling this may be a low scoring game, so I am tempted by Burleson. The Vikings - Broncos game could be high scoring. Opinions?

Here's a tip for all fantasy players: Domanick Davis has won the starting RB job in Houston (the Texans announced he will start against the Jets). He may still be available on the waiver wire in some leagues. In my 12 team money league, I picked him up off waivers two weeks ago in anticipation of this happening, and he was still available this morning in my 10 team no money league. Starting RBs are tough to find, so this becomes a no-brainer pickup if he's still available in your league.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Here's the latest I've heard from Rotoworld:

Anyone else have a suggestion on the 4 RBs I mentioned above?

Thanks very much to those who threw their 2 cents in! :emoji_thumbsup:

Go Eagles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks