What's new

Fantastic .... www.Tron20.net has gone live (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
all it does is say next transmission 6-18-2002

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
This was posted on www.darkhorizons.com
Tron 2.0: 'Jason' clears up what's going on with the rumoured sequel: "At E3 last month I spoke with a bunch of people from Disney Interactive, Monolith productions and LithTech Inc. These are the various companies making the upcoming Tron 2.0 game. I was told flat out that as of right now, there is no Tron 2.0 movie in production. That site you mentioned yesterday is strictly for the game, not the movie. I was surprised, because I had assumed the game was a tie-in for a simultaneous movie...apparently not. Disney is carefully watching the game's development though, and people who will (hopefully) work on the movie have been involved with the game's development, making sure that if and when a movie *does* happen, it's not going to step on the continuity established in the game. Oh, and uberdesigner Syd Mead is consulting on the game's development...hopefully this means he'll be directly involved with the movie when it happens".

Chris M

Second Unit
IMDB seems to think that "Tron Killer App" is a movie, and it's current working title is "Tron 2.0"
Link Removed
Chris.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
actually when you watch the Tron DVD you will see that th release date is 2003 for the sequel. There are several references to the sequel in the 90 minute documentary commented upon by steven lisberger, the director

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Actually, Killer App is never identified as a sequel. I suspected it was a game, and that appears to be the case. They mention that they would consider doing a sequel and have some ideas for it in the documentary, but they never say such a sequel is in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks