Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page"

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Tom Rags, Jan 30, 2003.

1. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

Well, I signed up and never received a confirmation e-mail. However my Mastercard has a $24.95 temporary authorization (has had a $1.00 authorization for few days now). I guess it's just wait and see.

2. Skippy

Skippy Stunt Coordinator

They just charged my CC $25 today for one of the two accounts I singed up for. I'm hoping the other goes through as well.

No "Welcome email" though. [​IMG]

3. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Well. Call me crazy but I couldn't pass this up.

This is what I got with current price at DDD.

Blade 2: ($23.39)
    Starship Troopers SE: ($21.46)
    Heavy Metal CS: ($21.46)
    Saving Private Ryan DTS: ($21.55)
    Half Baked ($14.27)

So. All in all $102.13 worth of DVD's for $24.95. So (dont let CH hear me say this) if I happen to have to buy a couple more, I am not complaining.
    Also, I found if you search for your title you will find a better selection. If you browse through the Genre selection only you wont find all they have to offer.

P.S. How do you get a second account? [​IMG]

4. Patrick Scott

Not to sound stupid but can some one give me a clue as to where the search feature is on the Columbia House site.
    Thanks,
    Scott

5. GabrielleG

GabrielleG Stunt Coordinator

6. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

I just checked my account info. [​IMG]

7. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Nevermind.
    [​IMG]

8. Warren_Sc

Warren_Sc Second Unit

I got my "congrats you're in" emails for both myself and my wife. I had applied for these accounts last Friday, online and got the "welcome...waiting for approval" a day later.

I think I will cancel the accounts as soon as I see the charges go through. It is hard to believe this deal is true. Of the ten I bought I got eight titles off of my "wants" list. Had I known that 9 1/2 weeks had an unrated directors cut, my list would have included one more DVD that I bought. [​IMG]

I still think that CH will make plenty of money off of the average person who signs up with this code. The worst case is they will break even, but have you on their mailing list.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I got my "Welcome" email as well.

Also, don't cancel until you have received your order and made sure there's nothing wrong with the DVDs (in case you get a floater that's been scratched up). If you cancel too early, Columbia House won't help you replace the scratched DVD since the account has been cancelled.

10. Dom P.

Dom P. Stunt Coordinator

I still haven't gotten any confirm e-mail [​IMG]

I hope I'm in [​IMG]

11. Ben_Hud

Ben_Hud Stunt Coordinator

wooh hoo, got me welcome email. if i cancel after i make sure my dvds are good. can i re-apply and use the same code if its still good, and get 5 more for 25 bucks?

12. Jeffrey R

Jeffrey R Stunt Coordinator

Just got my "welcome" e-mail as well. I had signed up on Sunday, 2/02, if that's any help.

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It's doubtful the code is good anymore. I think CH pulled it out of their system.

But Columbia House does allow for people to keep 2 active accounts at the same time, and many people do open/cancel/open/cancel/etc until they are "satiated". It's probably best to keep separate email addresses for each of the 2 active accounts.

14. John Knowles

John Knowles Stunt Coordinator

John
    It seemed to work for me 5 minutes ago...we'll see what happens...

15. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

ANyone received acknowledgment that these dvd's are shipping? I have to believe that if they haven't pulled the deal yet, they must know about it...and are willing to take a beating...thoughts?

16. Skippy

Skippy Stunt Coordinator

Just got my welcome email for account #1 and under my member area, it does, in fact, say I have fulfilled my obligation. [​IMG]

Also, my CC has been charged for account #2, so that welcome should be coming soon, I suppose. Sweeeet deal!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Just jumping on the "welcome email, your account has been approved" bandwagon as well as "you have met your commitments" message in my account. Everything looks good so far. [​IMG]

18. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I too got the welcome email. Of course, I was still a music club member, so I used my existing account. My account does indeed say I have fulfilled the purchase requirements.

19. Rick J

Rick J Stunt Coordinator

is the ch "confirmation" email different than the "welcome" email that many of you are speaking of? i placed my order this am and immediately received a thank you for my application to join. it also stated, as someone else previously mentioned, that my dvds and welcome package would be shipped upon approval of my application. i'm assuming that you need to wait for approval before you can check your "account info" regarding fullfilling membership requirements. is that true? waiting hopefully...rick

20. Scott McVicker

It sure sounds like it. It seems like people get their confirm email just after they register and then a few days later they get their welcome email. I got my confirm but am still waiting for my welcome.

Red Violin (19.49)
    Rounders (14.39)
    Fight Club (12.89)
    Usual Suspects (17.09)
    Donnie Darko (10.98)
    =======================
    $74.84