What's new

Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page" (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I usually hesitate on something like this, but I decided to live large. I'm in!

Old Yeller
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
Anchors Aweigh
On The Town
Take Me Out To The Ballgame

I found the page Gabriel_Lam posted. Looks for real.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I figured out the red-top/blue-top on my own. I had already ordered from the red site yesterday morning when I signed my wife up via the blue site. I noticed that my wife got an email confirmation, whereas I did not so I re-signed myself up via the blue site and got a confirmation.

Via the red site I got that same java-script error. Near the end of the transaction it brought up the email referral screen, but it never gave me the opportunity to pick a password. The blue site asked me to pick a password both times.

Did anyone get any sort of confirmation signing up via the red site?

Btw, I got: Die Hard 2, Die Hard 3, Any Given Sunday (director's), Rushmore, 12 Monkeys DTS; Edward Scissorhands, L.A. Confidential, Jerry Maguire, 9 1/2 weeks (director's, Meow!), The Princess Bride.

This is a great way to get those movies you've wanted to own, but not wanted to pay $15-ish for. My "wants" trade list has shrunk considerably. I will keep my fingers crossed that it all goes through!

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up yesterday and order my 5 yesterday as well.

Hope this works out for all of us :emoji_thumbsup:

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Is anybody a current member? Why I ask is because when I was a member of their CD club, they would do offers like "Buy 1 cd at full price, get the next 3 at 50% off."

Do they do that with their DVD club?

Dean

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Here is the specific language that gives me some cause for concern:

Seems to me that the offer details on the final checkout page are pretty clear -- no additional purchase required.
If it actually said that, I would feel much better. It doesn't. :frowning:

Jim-M

Second Unit
Is anybody a current member? Why I ask is because when I was a member of their CD club, they would do offers like "Buy 1 cd at full price, get the next 3 at 50% off."
Do they do that with their DVD club?
Yes, they do, but it's still cheaper to cancel your membership and open a new account to get those. It can be good though if you don't want to wait for them to be enrollments and get some new releases that way.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
If Columbia House honors this code for everyone so far, I think we just killed the goose that lays the golden eggs.I have seen this code all over the internet hit squad deal sites this week.

Anyone get a confirmation of shipment yet? I received the first confirmation, but nothing since Friday. I suspect this one will fall through for all of us.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I just got a welcome email. When I registered on the site, I checked the "My Account" page for details. Lo and behold, I have indeed fulfilled my purchase obligations. Some code programmer just got fired!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Doug - How did setup a login account on their website without an account number?

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
the registration page has changed significantly since I registered for this deal. There was no acct # required last week. ;)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Interesting. All I received was a "confirmation" email that listed my selections and let me know that I'd be receiving a "welcome package" as soon as my application was processed and approved.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
This is a little worrysome (if you can call it that). I tried to log in this morning and I got this message:

Sorry! We are still processing your application to the DVD Club so you do not have Member access yet. We will email you as soon as your Membership is approved.
I wonder if they're mulling it over whether to honor it for the rest of us (lucky Doug I!). Cross your fingers.

Bob

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Bob-N,

I tried logging in yesterday before the welcome e-mail arrived and got the same message. You could be right that CH is mulling things over, but I would hope they would honor this mistake for everyone that signed up.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Once you receive your confirmation email, log into your account at the CH website. Click on the "Account Info" bar, and it should say that you have fulfilled your membership requirements ;) :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I have signed up and cancelled many times. One thing that was different this time was the fact that I had to actually pay BEFORE receiving the DVD's, by giving a credit card number. This was never required using the other codes. I think that is actually a good sign.

Now all I need to do is keep checking to see if my card has been charged!

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I would not worry about this. I have heard that this is a legitimate limated time Columbia House offer and not a pricing error.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks