What's new

Fans Of "The First Nudie Musical", I've got some good news and I've got some bad news (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The good news: It's coming to DVD in June and it's filled with bonus features.
The bad news: Paramount isn't distributing the DVD...Image Entertainment is, and that means something bad...
The movie will be in full-frame!
Image has a record when it comes to this stuff..."Union City" and "Liquid Sky" come to mind as full-frame releases from Image.
Well, it's up to you now to decide if you want to buy it.
Mr. Blythe, if you read this: Does this mean you're starting to license titles out? Also, what was the OAR on this one...I only wish to know for when I make the petition.
Sincerely,
John "Full-frame means less naked women:frowning:" Kilduff

M

MaxY

Is it confirmed 4x3?

I have noticed in the last few months Image as put out some cult horror movies and such in Letterboxed format and some even in 16x9 lettrbox.

So you might get surprised.

Max

Sarah S

Second Unit
At any rate, I'll put this down on my calendar as a "maybe." :)
When in June is this coming out, exactly?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
June 25th.
A N A M O R P H I C W I D E S C R E E N !!! :D
Click on the cover art for details, straight from Image's site:
1stNudieMusical_Info.jpg

Yep, I'm a fan. This was the first nudity I ever saw on cable TV, so it holds a special place in my heart... :b

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've always wanted to see this, but could never find it in any rental stores, even the old mom'n'pop stores with the "special room" in the back... ;)
May just have to pick this one up.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This is so weird. I was just thinking of this film this week. I remember seeing it in theaters in the late seventies, happy to have snuck in to an R rated film.
The funny thing is that the last reel was never shown. It just stopped, the lights came up, and everyone left as though it was normal. I thought it was kinda weird to just end it like that.
It wasn't till years later that I finally saw the last reel. I don't remember much except lots of nudity.
I may have to check out his title again. Happy to hear that it IS in widescreen.:)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Goddamn me...I gotta stop getting my DVD info from amazon.com.

Sincerely,

John "At least I was right about 'Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird'...they can't take THAT away from me" Kilduff

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Paramount released this movie but the video was always handled by someone else- I have a VHS tape from some small obscure company (onscreen it says "Bingo Video" but the cover says "Chiron" or something like that), the movie has the Paramount logo at the beginning though- I hope they don't cut that off of the DVD! I actually got an email from the director of this once who said it started out as an independent production then Paramount picked it up and one additional scene was shot that looks infinitely better production-wise than the rest of the movie.

The first printings of the DVD are supposed to come with a CD soundtrack too!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
By the way, was everyone else disappointed that Cindy Williams kept her clothes on in this one? :b

Schlameil...schlamazel...

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Is this a movie worth watching other than the obvious excuse to see gratuitus skin? Does it have the "camp value" of Can't Stop the Music...for instance? Curious...

-dave

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't have the same level of greatness as Can't Stop the Music- I found the songs in this rather disappointing, but still worth checking out. (The title song is great, but the most of the other songs are forgettable.)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I have a copy Im trying to trade in the Trade Software Section for anyone interested

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks