What's new

Fans of the Atari2600 read this!! (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Just read this on Gamespot...
Retrodesign has announced that it plans to release the previously unreleased Combat Two for the Atari 2600. The company has manufactured 250 copies of the game, which will be available with a box and a manual for Atari enthusiasts and classic gaming fans. The game will be available for the first time at this week's Classic Gaming Expo 2001 in Las Vegas. Combat Two appeared in prototype form several years ago, but the game was never released commercially.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...802291,00.html

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
They don't give you a link as to where to buy it from, only saying that some will be available at CGE2k1. I need 2 copies of this, one for me and one for my friend who is a 2600 completest(he just bought a 2600 game for $374 off of eBay).

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I can't believe people want that stuff. This is great news for me I guess. I have about 60 Atari games, console, controllers, etc. that have been stored for about 18 years or so. I guess I should see what I have and what they're worth. Does anyone know where I can do this?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe people want that stuff.
Why not? Sometimes, in the rush to get whatever's newest, people forget that old games/movies/books/TV shows/etc. don't actually get worse. They're just less complex and sophisticated than what has come since, which doesn't necessarily translate to them being inferior.
I'm not too excited about "Combat II", though. It's been around as an emulated ROM as an unfinished prototype, and I haven't seen any indications that this cartridge is complete.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
A mint copy of Chase the Chuck Wagon. Had the box, manual, cart, etc all MINT. It was produced not for sale, but as a freebie premium from Purina for buying enough Chuck Wagon dog food. So, not many of them made it into the general public, and of those that did, well, not many have survived. I've heard the game itself is stupid, but the concept of having it - just the cartridge - is enough to make most 2600 collectors salivate. And he is a series Atari 2600 collector, matter in fact the only rare cart he claims to be missing is Swordquest: Waterworld. He even has Custer's Revenge with a mint packaging, the leather holder, lock, key, etc.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,
there are various rarity guides around the net. I'm at work now, so I have no links, but try searching for Atarai 2600 rarity and you should get some good hits. I collect all the old stuff, but fortunately have never really gotten into the 2600, just too many games to try to get. My personal 2600 collectin isn't ever to 100 yet.
Drew

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Wow, I remember Chase the Chuck Wagon. I tried to get it, but I believe I never received it in the mail.
Drew, any links would be great, thanks. I don't have any real ties to my Atari stuff, so selling/trading it would be no big deal - that being said, I don't want to just hand over a diamond in the rough.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Rob,
Either post what you have here, or send me an e-mail...I would be happy to look in what guide that I have and let you know if you have anything worthwhile :)
Calvin
------------------
"Don't make me angry....You wouldn't like me when I'm angry......"

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Great, Thanks Calvin.
I'll have to go get the stuff from my parents house, it could be a while. But I will definitely get back with you.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
no prob :)
When I found out just how collectible (and fun) classic gaming was. I kicked myself for awhile...but man, it came in handy when I spotted one of the hardest to find Atari 2600 games sitting in a pile, and after a total of $11.00 (for 8 games, 2 rare, 1 very rare, & one ultra rare) they were all mine :)
------------------
"Don't make me angry....You wouldn't like me when I'm angry......"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks