What's new

Fanny & Alexander box. (1 Viewer)

rogelio gasca

Auditioning
Hello,I´d like to know if the 5-disc box of Fanny and Alexander bears any stickers or white tape over the original factory wrap just as the 2-disc(and most Criterion releases,even since Laserdisc times)does,as I just purchased this title with an amazon.con seller and the wrap is totally clean and free of anything so I´m a little concerned.I know it might sound trivial,but the stickers are an integral part of the pack´s art(and Ingmar Bergman´s signature is simply great to look at,really funny)
Is it possible that I received a re-wrapped,if in fine condition,box set?As they claimed it was a factory sealed,new item that would change the item´s condition a lot as well as my confidence on this seller and,therefore the feedback for them,is there anything I should
know in order to be fair?
Thanks for your attention.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I hate sellers that do that. I always ask if it still has factory stickers before I buy "New." People shrinkwrap and sell used items as "new" all the time! Heck, I once got burned by someone selling "like new" as "new." All I could do was post negative feedback.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
When I bought my copy from Suncoast a year or so ago it did NOT have any stickers on it.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it also did not include the upper white security seal with the title, according to the OP. That's a weird sign.

RafaelB

Second Unit
I got mine fro amazon and the white security seal wasn't affixed to my set, so I don't think that's cause for alarm.

Rafael.

rogelio gasca

Auditioning
Thanks for all your answers,you are all great.

Rafael,you got your´s at amazon and it didn´t have the now typical white Criterion seal,what about the black,sign sticker?Did your box set have that one at least?Anything else?

Once upon a time I got an Anchor Bay dvd from amazon which did NOT bear the sticker I knew should be there,so this does happen even when you are buying from a store rather than only when you are shopping on ebay or with amazon sellers I guess.

Anyway,any info is really appreciated,I still haven´t opened the set no matter how much I want to,not before I get this clear,so.......ahh,well,hope to hear from you and anyone else who can add his/hers 2 cents,thanks a lot.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

Not all manufacturers include security seals on all of their product. I recently bought a bunch of cheap Buena Vista titles from Deep Discount DVD which only sells new factory-sealed items, and many came without security seals. The discs only had the shrink-wrap on them.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator

Well, that's that! I think my cynicsm as been debunked! ;) I shall approach these situations with a more open mind. Still, that cad who sold me an open "new" DVD did a lame thing. :angry: Seems what the OP went through was just skepticism for a legit new item. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I can't recall ever seeing a white security sticker on a Criterion box set, except for those housed in double keepcases. The Fanny & Alexander 5-disc set is contained within three Digipaks (two double, one single), housed in a cardstock-grade slipcover.

The lack of a "director-approved" sticker wouldn't concern me, either, as I've received releases which lacked them.

Enjoy this wonderful set!

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator

In defense of Amazon, I've noticed less scammers there than on half.com or, heaven forbid, eBay. Though all sites freely allow people to sell things that are not accurately listed (many Brazilian versions of rare DVDs, for instance). You just have to read descriptions all the way though, check feedback and even email sellers, if any warning bells go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks