What's new

Family Ties (1 Viewer)

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Now this is a show I noticed nobody mentioning anywhere... I've never heard any buzz or rumors about this coming to DVD... Paramount owns the rights, right?

Is this a release that will be waaay in the future? Or maybe in 2004?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'd buy this one, but if it is owned by Paramount they haven't made any mention that I've caught hold of, of course the only way I'd know is if it were on a site like this or TVShowsOnDVD.com

I wonder about this show though, and this is just me wondering a loud. I wonder if it wouldn't see a similar fait as something like AITF. Classic TV show, but a lot of the references and jokes seem kind of dated to me, it was a show set in the time of the 80's and I wonder how willing the mass audience will be to have a show so dated, much like AITF was for the 70's. I know that they're not exactly the same, and that AITF didn't indeer itself to a lot of people whereas Family Ties was a lot less offensive to a number of groups, plus it is also a difference in Studio, but hey I guess Happy Days is coming and that's also a dated show. Of course, there is a reason that the new shows seem to out perform those that have been off the air for a number of years on DVD.

Now I'm basically arguing with myself...

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Don't know about this one - it apparently did very poorly on TV Land (they've demoted it to a later slot already), so Paramount might think there's not enough interest to release it. :frowning:

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Oh no... I hope not, Rob...

Family Ties is at the very top of my TV-on-DVD wish list. I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be enough interest. It seems to me the show, and Michael J. Fox, are still popular and well-regarded. I can't account for the TV Land ratings... but surely the TV Land subscribers don't represent all of us!

It would be tragic if one of the best (*the* best, IMO) series from the '80s, never makes it to DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks