What's new

Family Ties coming to DVD in 2007? (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
It's about time...

I hope I'm able to collect every season... this show is very special to me.

John*P

Second Unit
I'm not sure if anyone has seen it, but in next week's issue, TV Guide gives Paramount a "Cheer" for finally releasing Family Ties on DVD.

It's nice to see the set already getting some mainstream publicity.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Ironic, considering that Gross said in an interview that he hated the beard and each season couldn't wait for the end of the season to come so that he could shave it off during the hiatus.

I must not have seen the first season, since I don't think I've ever seen an ep of Family Ties with him clean-shaven. Then again, this was nearly 20 years ago and the memory may be fuzzy.

DVD File's review is up. Not very positive, though.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I can respond on the original everyday sale price for Family Ties Season 1. I work at Target and I checked out the everyday price and I can tell you that Target has the normal retail price set at $29.99 for Season 1. I know I have plans on picking this one up but I'm not impressed with the packaging. Season 1 is packaged like 7th Hevane Season 3 and Beauty and the Beast Season 1.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm worried about season 1's performance since freaking Sabrina and Beauty And The Beast have already been greenlit for season 2 releases, but nothing on Family Ties

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Patience, Jay, patience...they may be moving a bit slower with ``Family Ties''...after all, look how long it took them to finally release Season 1.

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
Hoping it's selling well and that we will see more seasons released.

I know music has been replaced but other than the pilot where it really stuck out, I haven't found it that noticeable.

I'm glad it got released, havn't seen these episodes since they originally aired.

I'm on the last disc, really enjoying the episodes.

Cory

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
So am I.While on Amazon,just a few minutes ago,I was shocked to see that Family Ties had a sales ranking of 552 in DVD.I was even more shocked to see that Beauty & The Beast had a ranking of 354 and that the music wasn't cut.I think that we'll get another season of Family Ties before the year is out,even though I'd hope we would be getting more.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I can't believe it to be honest. Family Ties was one of the biggest sitcoms of the 1980's, while Sabrina and Beauty And The Beast were never on the same level of popularity as FT, and I don't recall either of them being cult hits either, yet we hear season 2 news of those before Family Ties? what gives? This is one of the best shows of the 1980's and it's held up perfectly.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I dont hink you can really compare them JAY.
Each was a cult in their own category.
I am sure the announcement for FT S2 is around the corner and they are delaying it so that they bring us some worthwhile extras
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

John*P

Second Unit

For the record, in 2004, when TV Guide compiled a list of the "Top 25 Cult Shows Ever", Beauty and the Beast came in at #14. (between Quantum Leap and Babylon 5)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, sorry, didn't mean to offend, but it does get kinda annoying that Paramount started a ton of shows in Feb and yet the only one I care about is the only one that hasn't been greenlit for a second season, Love B&TB all you want, but remember that FT ran over twice as long, so you'd think that a season 2 would be released first.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I didn't think I was. B&TB only ran 3 seasons, Paramount can take it's time with no rush on that (like how Fox seemed to relax and take it easy with the Roswell DVD's, they came out, but at a fairly slower pace than shows like Angel or Buffy that had more seasons), FT ran seven seasons and arguably peaked in popularity in it's fourth year, they should rush it out a little faster. I mean, Michael Gross didn't even yet have his trademark beard in season 1.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
considering MJ's money problems right now (I'm hearing he's going to lose the Beatles catalog soon), I'd suggest taking whatever Paramount is willing to offer for Beat It

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
It's usually the recording studios who control the songs, not the artist...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks