Family Guy Vol. 1 missing from stores!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Stan Caddy, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Stan Caddy

Stan Caddy Auditioning

The Family Guy Volume 1 dvd set is nowhere to be found! Its been out since last Tuesday (April 15) and I went to three stores today, but none had it. I tried Sam Goody, Target and Wherehouse, nobody even knew when it was coming in! Whats going on?!

2. Greg Rakaska

Greg Rakaska Stunt Coordinator

I picked up a copy at Best buy in Indy this past Sunday. It was the only copy there however. I didn't think it would be very popular, so I was surprised to find just a single copy left.

Maybe they didn't produce very many during the first printing?

3. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

Yep. They're pretty hard to come by around here, too. Best Buy was sold out on Tuesday. This bodes well for any possible resurection of the show (wishful thinking, I know). Maybe Fox will finally learn how very popular this show is and learn the err of their ways.

Damn, if only I had $50 million I'd commision another fifty episodes myself...

Greatest show ever.

mike.

4. Adam Horak

Adam Horak Stunt Coordinator

Funny you should mention it because all the local stores that I frequent dont have it in. I just decided to go ahead and order it.

5. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Yea I didn't find one till Friday evening of last week. A girl had to check the computer and apparently they had just gotten another shipment in but hadn't put out yet. She ran back and got me one. Didn't even have a price tag on it yet.

Such a good worker. I always look for her when I'm in there cause she'll help you out.

6. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

They had a bunch of them in Circuit City last Friday. Didn't end up buying it, but it is out there.

7. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I scoured my entire city last Tuesday, and finally found one store (FYE) that actually had some copies - two, to be exact. They actually had a decent price, too. I struck out at two Wal-Marts, Circuit City, K-Mart, and Sam's Club. Oddly enough, the Wal-Mart in the little podunk town where I work had about a dozen copies...

8. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

when i went to my best buy the day it came out, they had like 30 copies or more, but this was at 11:30 that morning

9. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I'd imagine it's sold out in most places, since they probably only ordered a couple copies not knowing if it would sell.

The only place I saw it this past weekend was at FYE, and those were probably still there because of their high prices.

11. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    When I went to my local Best Buy on the afternoon of release, they had about a dozen copies out on a table with other titles advertised in the Sunday flyer.

I was surprised they didn't have it in the usual place for new releases.

JimmyK

12. Galen_V

Galen_V Second Unit

I saw a TON of them at Costco over the weekend (for 34.99 too). If anything, you can always try online because I am sure all of the big retailers have them in stock.

13. Mark Hamilton

Mark Hamilton Stunt Coordinator

In Victoria, BC, both Future Shops, Superstore, both Wal-Marts, and Costco sold out very quickly. Either the video distribution arms were not expecting this set to be so popular or Fox didn't. I work at Future Shop and had at least 20 people ask for the set on the weekend.

14. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

I bought it day of release and Best Buy had about 40 copies.

15. James Davis

James Davis Agent

Best Buy here didn't have it along with Target and Walmart. Circuit City had sold out. I called FYE, they had one copy left and held it for me, was $36.99 there.

When I called the larger Wal-Mart further away to check, they gave me some bull that it was set to come out 4/29. Though the first Wal-Mart told me they should have had it in, but for some reason they don't have their copies.