What's new

Family Guy Season 6 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Also, when they repeat them on Cartoon Network they always air the directors Cuts(deleted scenes)

So maybe when this replays on CN in Oct, we will see a scene or two thats new.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
That's weird. They let the Robot Chicken guys get away with it.

My favorite line was "You shoot small animals for fun?! Thats the first sign of a serial killer!"

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
you know how some TV hows will have episodes, were all they do is reflect back from previous episodes/seasons, and use certain situations the characters are trapped in for "looking back"(like trapped in an elevator or in a storm shelter)

I think if they are going to do all the Star Wars films, they should do this.
They've already done a blackout.
Next they should do a trapped in an elevator or down in a storm shelter.
So, it's an excuse for Peter to tell the other Star Wars stories.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

They've already done a non-Star Wars Family Guy episode where they were trapped in a panic room. IIRC, Peter tells a story about his ancestor, Nate Griffin, in this episode.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Star Wars episode was called "Blue Harvest". Is that suposed to mean something? It seems sort of an odd name for the episode.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Brian's Song was just an average episode.
I liked the QMM clerk.

Funniest parts was Stewie bringing out the 80's movies robot, especially the Space Camp robot and Stewie's reaction to when Jullian invited him in bed. "Dear Penthouse Forum"
Also Stewie having the party and Brian noticing it was mostly gay guys.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, this wasn't one of their best episodes. I still find it creepy when Brian kisses a woman.

That last scene with Stewie telling Brian to have sex with the next person he sees, then makes sure it is himself that Brian sees next was also a bit creepy.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the sw tribute wasn't as funny as i expected it to be. perhaps lucasfilm oversaw too much of it :thumbsdown:.

as for 2nd ep, i expected chris to just turn gay with the convenience store guy. i'm surprised they didn't do any clerk things with that. dont you guys feel like they're running out of steam?

there were some good/bad ones from last season, but episode by episode the first 4 seasons were still the best. there was more consistently funny eps.

this is one of those cases where they should've either ended somn early or let sleeping dogs lie or somn like that.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
and you guys laughed at it? i didn't laugh much during the sw thing. i liked how they kept han shooting first :laugh:, but other than that it was pretty forgetable. it's one thing to try and get a crack@making it funny... but trying to be faithful for the sake of faithful and then depending on that one sole thing to make people laugh is stupid.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

It actually makes sense that they'd ask Family Guy to tone this down while allowing Robot Chicken (and George Lucas in Love) more leeway. In Peter's retelling we didn't just have a Star Wars spoof, we also had the FG characters playing the roles - which means that Luke/Leia would not only have been brother/sister incest, but simultaneously mother/son incest between Chris and Lois. I think that would have been one notch too high on the creep-out meter for most people and the FG crew might have reached the same conclusion on their own, once they got to the animation stage, even if Lucas hadn't objected.

On the other hand, if Quagmire or Cleveland had been cast in the Luke role, I seriously doubt that Lucas would have had a problem with whatever jokes they cut.

Regards,

Joe

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Totally disagree. There were jokes throughout the entire episode. Apparently they were lost on some people, however.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wonder why U.S. feeds edited out that terrific Simpsons/Quagmire
moment. Very funny stuff.

A fair episode this week, but I imagine it's hard topping the
the Star Wars parody we saw the week before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks