What's new

Falling Skies (TNT) season 3 premieres 6/09/2013 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It would have made sense if Cochise's injury had been faked to draw her out. Doesn't matter as that wasn't the deal.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jeffery_H said:
So far, all signs point to both Anne and their child being REALLY dead. Maybe the finale will reveal different, but it seems like they are staying with that plot and writing them both out in a dramatic way. If true, it would be VERY cruel indeed and quite cold for any show.
I'll believe it when they don't return next season. We didn't see the death nor the bodies. And in TV that means they're not dead. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jeffery_H said:
It's not that impressive if you know some of how CG effects are done. As a 3D artist, I can tell the face is where it fall apart. You don't see any real muscles move, flex, etc. or where they should. ....
I'll watch more carefully next episode.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
DaveF said:
I'll believe it when they don't return next season. We didn't see the death nor the bodies. And in TV that means they're not dead. :)
But we did, go back and you will find the scene where they show them in a sort of tree sap fossil. I thought it was a type of suspended animation, but so far they are still staying with them being dead.

Where we differ is you think that was still part of the interrorgation and mind probe being used. I do not as you clearly go into reality from that whole scene all the way to the end of the show. It continues from see them dead, to his rage, to him taking the oportunity to flee by pushing the Skitter over the edge and landing on him. There was a straight continuity all the way, unlike the scenes of the mind probe.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I hate it when they give a preview of next weeks episode so you think along certain lines and then when the episode airs it is completely different.

We shall see.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jeffery_H said:
But we did, go back and you will find the scene where they show them in a sort of tree sap fossil. I thought it was a type of suspended animation, but so far they are still staying with them being dead. Where we differ is you think that was still part of the interrorgation and mind probe being used. I do not as you clearly go into reality from that whole scene all the way to the end of the show. It continues from see them dead, to his rage, to him taking the oportunity to flee by pushing the Skitter over the edge and landing on him. There was a straight continuity all the way, unlike the scenes of the mind probe.
i think Tom really was shown something -- they indicated that was outside the delusions -- but it was too fast and passing. If Anne and baby are dead, it's tremendously anticlimactic and terribly written.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Caught up on the series earlier today. Regarding the episode on night of the 21st (the simulacrum). Obviously the viewers knew that Tom was in some sort of simulation but one of the first things that jumped out at me in the sequence was the disconnect between the time on the alarm clock (6:11) and the amount of light coming from outside the house. Checking a web resource, sunrise in Boston on Christmas day is around 7:11 local time. One hour before sunrise, the exterior sequences would not be so brightly lit. Something that just jumped out at me. (A clue from the writers, or simply a mistake?)

IMHO, everything that Karen showed Tom was false. Assuming that was not another level in the simulation (which it probably was not), then Anne and Alexis were in some form of stasis and will be returned to the living next season. I agree with Dave that if they truly are dead, the denouement of their storyline is extremely anticlimactic.

- Walter.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I thought that all the lighting in the scenes that were illusions was off. Kind of in keeping with the mood they were trying to project. All wonderful and happy and no problems. All lollipops and roses. Sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. The only "dark" person was Weaver.

Since the bodies of Anne and the baby were only shown in a container with the lid closed and fogged over you could say that they were anyone you wanted. In this case Karen tells Tom yes and he yells at her "You killed them?!". He doesn't actually go over and hold on to the bodies. This gives the writers an out for a future episode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Lourdes is exposed as the mole. The Volm weapon is buried in tons of rubble, with no one to operate it. This was a middling episode, clearing the brush for the finale.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
"That's funny, I have a gift for you.."

Great line. Really loved the finale tonight. Thought it was generally great stuff, lots of intrigue going forward. This show really takes a bunch of turns but it goes out of its way to stay interesting.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I loved the finale (Brazil) tonight as well. Two things became readily apparent to me in about the first half-hour or so, what with all of the 'Ewok' celebrating going on as if the war were over. First, this war is not over; and second, the series will leave us with a very good final clip (and it did) which will set up season four very nicely.

I liked seeing more of the Volm, and I agreed with the ultimate decision that was 'allowed' by them regarding Tom and company. The revelation (to me) of the nitro for Weaver was interesting. I can't recall if that has been shown before because I have missed much of the series to this point.

When I saw Lexi, I wasn't very surprised at her 'mutation' (or rapid age/maturity) given previous episodes. I told my wife that she could have been six, sixteen, or twenty-six. Anyway, I loved the ending, because it wasn't really a cliff-hanger, and as such the show can now move in a plethora of directions.

N.B.: I am really happy that they didn't have to move to Brazil. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm really torn about:
The decision to kill off Karen. On one hand, I thought she was the most interesting character on the show and Jessy Schram was probably the best actress on the show. There was a whole world of interesting possibilities that could have opened up as things get more and more muddled with the Volm's agenda. There was a lot of potential story that got flushed out the window by doing that.On the other hand, this is a pretty depressing show and the humans badly needed a win. There's something a bit refreshing about the finality of that.
I liked that the outcome with the Volm wasn't cut and dry good or bad. They're fighting on the same side, but under conditions that are unacceptable to us. That's interesting storytelling to me.With regard to Ann and Lexi:
Departing showrunner Remi Aubuchon has hinted that the Ann and Lexi that came back might not be the real Ann and Lexi, we might have seen the real Ann and Lexi dead in that cocoon.
Aubuchon is being replaced by David Eick ("Battlestar Galactica") as showrunner and Carol Barbee ("Jericho") as head writer. This past season, they served in similar roles under Tim Kring for the second season of "Touch."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great episode. I really liked the ST:TNG style "let us reason our way to a solution" with Tom and the Volm. Nice change of pace.And now, another year of waiting. Sigh.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Adam Lenhardt said:
I'm really torn about: The decision to kill off Karen. On one hand, I thought she was the most interesting character on the show and Jessy Schram was probably the best actress on the show. There was a whole world of interesting possibilities that could have opened up as things get more and more muddled with the Volm's agenda. There was a lot of potential story that got flushed out the window by doing that.On the other hand, this is a pretty depressing show and the humans badly needed a win. There's something a bit refreshing about the finality of that.
the other outcome is tension between Hal and Maggie. No doubt that will lead to stories. What I like most is that its organic, intrinsic to their true selves (and not a Crazy Hal, not his fault, type story)Agree completely about the Volm. But it was bittersweet when they revealed that the Volm truly were good intentioned. They had never before saved a race with a will to fight, presumably before they were too far gone from Eshfeni enslavement.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am just now getting that Robert Sean Leonard is Dr. Kadar. Great show. Looking forward to next season.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am glad they didn't do the normal thing which would have been the Volm really were bad guys.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm not proud to admit to, but I've been wanting to see Karen "get what's coming to her." I was happy to see her demise. Was Karen a true traitor or was she infested with the worms? I don't remember. I'm now wondering how much we'll see of the Volm the next season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She was under control. I don't know if they had the worms back when it happened. She was kind of like that harnessed kid who was turned loyal to them even after his harness was removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks