FALCON CREST: The Complete First Season MAJOR PICTURE/SOUND ISSUES

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tom_Tagliente19, May 4, 2010.

1. Tom_Tagliente19

Tom_Tagliente19 Stunt Coordinator

FALCON CREST the complete first season is out and now, it is a must for fans to buy it or season 2 will not be issued. Everyone go out and buy this series please.

Thank you for your support of FALCON CREST.

:)

Tom

2. Guest

I also read that some episodes are edited.

3. Tom_Tagliente19

That was incorrect information. None of the episodes are edited. They are the COMPLETE episodes from their original CBS broadcasts.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I don't know for sure but what you're describing sounds like the episodes might be time compressed. Do the episodes that you noticed the audio problem on run a little shorter than the rest of the other episodes on the set?

5. Tom_Tagliente19

Can't tell. I didn't time them out. And since I do not have the overseas version, I cannot say for sure.

6. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

How was the episode with Lana Turner on it ?? I am only interested in that one. I will only be buying those seasons and the one with Kim Novak........

7. Tom_Tagliente19

FAMILY REUNION (the episode with Lana Turner) plays fine. It's on Disc 3, episode 2.

8. Tom_Tagliente19

You really should buy them all. Even though she is not on season 3 - 4, her character is directly responsible for a lot of the action with Richard and the Cartel.

9. Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland Second Unit

Bought this one as a blind buy last week, and watched the first episode- It plays well, except for the daughter of the Robert Foxworth character. She leaves the man of her dreams behind? Or does he turn up later in the story?

This one was out when I was in college, so I never watched it- I enjoyed it tonight, and it made me miss the great diversity of programming we used to have on network TV- Now it's all CSI and reality shows!

10. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

No, he wasn't the man of her dreams lol. The fact is that she was supposed to be underage (about 16 or 17) when she was having an affair with that much older man. That's why Cole had such a fit and beat the dickens out of the old coot. He does not turn up later (to my recollection).

11. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

Too bad Jane couldn't let her ego over come Lana's star power for the sake of "FALCON CREST" !!! When they were on together it was like watching Krystle and Alexis go at it. Lana should have been a regular on the series. Is it true their scenes were filmed separate because of Jane's jealousy of her ? I know there were problems on the set but were these true or publicity ? Rumour has it Lana was constantly making demands for her role ??

Then there was a rumour at one time when Anne Baxter died unexpectedly on "HOTEL" Lana was going to step in and play the new owner......

I had read she was going to do season THREE and more episodes. Then the next thing you know boom she falls victim to the gunslinger ..........

12. Tom_Tagliente19

RUMORS. They got along just fine. Also, IMPORTANT NOTE: I have not heard back about the results of my email to the WHV offices, as soon as I hear back from my contact there, I will let everyone know their plans for fixing the DVD's we have. If your box set is fine, let us know that here, too. It is not clear yet if this is a universal problem or a select few box sets in different markets of the country?

Tom

13. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

Tom,

If they were rumors about conflicts on the set with the two then why was Jacqueline's character axed at the end of season two ?? Turner was a great foil for Jane on the series......

14. Tom_Tagliente19

Lana was only supposed to appear in a handful of episodes. When they killed her off, it was because the writers felt the action with the cartel would best serve the story if they centered the action around Richard Channing and Norton Crane, Jacquelinhe's successor. It also gave another dimension to her character in death showing she was ruthless and ambitious and the war criminal she turned outr to be. Again, no feud. Right out of the mouth of Lana TUrner herself. Watch the video.

15. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

Thanks so much Tom for the info it was a great interview. Lana looked gorgeous as always !!!

And still thought Lana would have made a great regular on the series.

Too bad, it did not work the series would have had a much better following I think it would have rivaled "DALLAS" and "DYNASTY" !!!