What's new

FALCON CREST Frustration (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
I understand the studio is holding onto the DVD's, but not sure why? Is it to make a better product, or is it for building hype? Either way, I have a very important question. There are no phone numbers for people to speak to as it's an ONLINE store. When I placed my order, the card I used was charged for the purchase on the 7th of September. Today, I looked at my online bank statement and the charge was reversed and now the money is right back on my card? Are they not charging cards now until the day it ships or was my order kicked out and I need to reorder it again? There was no mention of this in the story and I am thinking this is exactly the case, but there are others who might be wondering, too. Can anyone clarify this for others, please?

Thank you. Can't wait until the weekend of the 25th...should take about that long to receive it from the 21st ship date...if there are no more delays. Not sure why this keeps happening, but hopefully this is the last delay for FALCON CREST season 2. Glad the artwork is staying consistent with the white box and photo styles. Changing the color of the show title is a nice touch with the number in the crest shield on the spine and the bottom face on the front of the case.

I remember a lot of really great things happened in season 2. David Selby joining the cast as Richard Channing was one of the best, the other was the VERY LAST SCENE of the season...WHAT A CLIFFHANGER THAT WAS! For those that have not seen this one yet...You're in for a shock!

Some memorable lines in the show this season:

Angela: Your birth was an unfortunate accident. (to Richard)

Chase: I had to get out for a walk. Saw your lights on. Vickie's getting married.

Angela: Nick Hogan? The man with the foam-rubber spine?

Richard: When I'm through with this place, that...she and nothing else around here will ever be the same again! (when Angela leaves his office after meeting him for the first time)

Angela: Now you get Richard out of my way! Because if you don't, I'll have you on the front page of EVERY newspaper in the Western world! And I can do it! Good day Mr. Denault!

Lance: She probably hiked into town.

Melissa: And left her new car home. (discussing Emma's disappearance).

Chase: If there's anything I can do for you, I'll be in my office.

Philip: Angela, there's really no point in fighting this anymore.

Angela: Fight? I HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN TO FIGHT!

Now WHV needs to release this on the 21st with no more delays. PLEASE!!!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Would you rather they go ahead and rush it out when it's obvious they are having problems, or delay until they get all the kinks worked out? DVD-R mastering can be a tricky process when they are trying to maximize player compatibility.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
yeah, no doubt and this could also lead to people not being very interested in the release. I have the S1 on dvd and the quality is not very good compare to other shows. I think the studio rush the first release out and did not put much effort into cleaning up the images.

I am also a more Dallas fan and prefer that show, because of the characters. I am very happy that Dallas is near the end of its dvd completion with just the movies and S14 to be released. I also prefer Dallas early on and/or upto when Victoria Principal left. The show started to go downhill after like 10 season or so. I did not like the addition of another JR son and/or changes in the plot with George Kennedy.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I have a quick question regarding Falcon Crest... All of the shows I've watched in the S1 box set (I've watched about 7 I think) are stand alone episodes. They are okay, but I was looking for something a little more serial like... How necessary do you think it is to watch all of the S1 shows to understand what is happening in S2? I have not pre-ordered the S2 box set yet, and was curious if I could just jump into the S2 box fairly easily.

I'm sure these are coming, just think they are ironing out any glitches.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
there are some plot lines between the families and that builds as the show progresses. Falconcrest is the Dallas of the NAPA Valley.

Lana Turner inclusion a few episodes is also classic, because of her bitter rivalry with jane wyman. This show also introdued an young lorenzo lamas as well.

I am not picking up the 2nd season because it is MOD. I have no interest with the MOD format. It is disappointing the studio has taking this approach, but, i can live with it.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Tom, seriously, this late in the game any delay wouldn't be caused by dvd mastering issues. All that stuff would have been worked out months ago. It's more likely a manufacturing or shipping delay from the factory, which seems very common with MODs. And while I've never ordered from warners, I know that amazon never actually charges my card until the items physically ship.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Go ahead and pre-order this one JACK. This season the storylines become more serialised and tie together nicely. It's just frustrating to get the delays. No, MARK, I would not want them to rush S2. Yes S1 has its faults, but it still has clear images. The sound on some eps was slower, though than the original broadcasts. I'm just saying I think they just should've waited to announce it until they were sure of the exact ship date. YOUNGER, what is wrong with MOD discs? I am sure they will play fine. If this is the only way to get them from now on, it's better than being able to not get them at all.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Tom_Tagliente19

Go ahead and pre-order this one JACK. This season the storylines become more serialised and tie together nicely. It's just frustrating to get the delays. No, MARK, I would not want them to rush S2. Yes S1 has its faults, but it still has clear images. The sound on some eps was slower, though than the original broadcasts. I'm just saying I think they just should've waited to announce it until they were sure of the exact ship date. YOUNGER, what is wrong with MOD discs? I am sure they will play fine. If this is the only way to get them from now on, it's better than being able to not get them at all.

There are several things wrong with MOD:

1. the Price
2. the quality of the disk/show.

I am not interested in paying high dollar for poor formatted disk or even for the show quality. I rather add to my collection via of means that pay top dollar for MOD. I have never been interested in MOD. As i mentioned in my earlier post and that is i can wait this show out, because i have other budgeted dollars allocated to other shows that i know i can complete. I am a little tired of buying one season and then seeing the show stall. So, i now focused on what is available now.  

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
For those who are interested, I called to confirm my order today with Wbshop.com and was told that so far 191 orders for FALCON CREST: The Complete Second Season have been placed in the last two weeks. Which is pretty good. The operator said right now it seems to be one of their more popular titles.

Tom

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Tom_Tagliente19

For those who are interested, I called to confirm my order today with Wbshop.com and was told that so far 191 orders for FALCON CREST: The Complete Second Season have been placed in the last two weeks. Which is pretty good. The operator said right now it seems to be one of their more popular titles.

Tom

That's supposed to be a lot? Sheesh! Well, I suppose the bulk of the orders will come in when the thing is actually available. I hope so anyway! I feel inclined to order mine right away now.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Not surprising that studios are going to MOD. Could you imagine if Falcon Crest season 2 were pressed discs and they only sold 200 copies? They would have lost a TON of money. With MOD they only manufacture what they need based on orders. Still I'm surprised the pre-orders are that low, like
Ethan, I think more orders will probably come through once it is released.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
I just contacted [COLOR= #b22222]WBshop's customer service hotline[/COLOR]. For those who know people without Internet, you can direct them to order their FALCON CREST Season 2 DVD sets here: [COLOR= #0000cd](866) 373-4389[/COLOR]. Press 1 when the operator's voice comes on and place your order. It's that simple. Some have said in a nutshell, screw the MOD's they are not for me. Which is everyone's option. But, hopefully those who are true fans will buy Season 2 regardless of it being MOD, just to own it and be able to watch them again and again. I personally like when things are left in their original condition because it takes you back to the days of analog and a time before remastering. It will be like watching it on Friday nights all over again in the 80's.

I personally think it is well worth the price AND I will buy this title no matter how they release it as so long as it is finally being offered. Thank you WHV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks