"Falcon Crest" coming (in Germany)!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by bmasters9, Jan 19, 2009.

1. bmasters9

bmasters9 Supporting Actor

Ben Masters
    FALCON CREST | DFCF Deutscher FALCON CREST - Fanclub / German FALCON CREST Fan Club

Apparently, towards the end of April of this year, Warner Bros. is going to be coming out with the first season's worth of "Falcon Crest," CBS' Friday serial that followed "Dallas" starting in the 1981-82 season. Unfortunately, it seems that no bonuses will be on the release--just the episodes--but still, for "Falcon Crest" fans, that's got to be a start.

2. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Well so far I'd take it only as a rumor--and only for release in Germany. It doesn't mean it will be released in the U.S. There's a LOT of American shows that are only available on dvd in Europe! I hate that...

3. chas speed

chas speed Second Unit

I always heard that they would stick on an unaired pilot of the show if it ever came out, but that's probably only if it comes out in the U.S.

4. bmasters9

bmasters9 Supporting Actor

Ben Masters
    Hopefully, this is not a joke. If it is, and they don't deliver the goods, then something will be utterly fishy.

5. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Great News Indeed! This site is very reliable, if they say it is coming, it is coming. The only question remains is in what regions will it be released. But, i will import if need be as i did Ally Mcbeal and Six Million Dollar Man.

6. Tom_Tagliente19

Tom_Tagliente19 Stunt Coordinator

According to the Falcon Crest Fan Club in Germany, here is the official news statement regarding the release

"DVD RELEASE

FALCON CREST Season 1 (1981-82): April 2009.

A classic will be uncorked - finally!

In a message dated Jan 16, 2009, WARNER BROS. Entertainment (Germany) informed the DFCF board of directors season 1 will be released on DVD towards the end of April 2009. No bonus material will be included.

Further details will be posted here soon."

So this leads me to wonder if Germany is the only country receiving this series on DVD? I tend to think that with the popularity of DALLAS on DVD in the United States, we here will see a release of FALCON CREST here, too. I think it is a safer assumption, too...to talk to an affiliate in Germany's WB offices, than for them to call the United States offices where it would cost considerably more for the phone call.

How come TVShowsOnDVD.com has not broken this news on their site yet? Is FALCON CREST | DFCF Deutscher FALCON CREST - Fanclub / German FALCON CREST Fan Club just spreading rumors again as they had before? I mean, for a long time FALCON CREST had been announced in 2007 as a release and then they recanted it.

I hope those who run falconcrest.org are not playing games with those of us who really want FALCON CREST released. This is a nice present to hope for on the same day America is making history by electing and now inaugurating President Obama to office.

7. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Because they only report on region 1 releases and since this information is for Germany, it won't be region 1. If rumors of an R1 release pop up, I"m sure they'll report it.

8. DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy Agent

FALCON CREST SEASON 1 DVD is really coming to Europe starting with a German release:

FALCON CREST | DFCF Deutscher FALCON CREST - Fanclub / German FALCON CREST Fan Club

"Jan 26, 2009, 10:20 AM (MEZ):

DIANA BEILER, Marketing Manager TV Products of WARNER BROS. Entertainment, Hamburg / Germany, informs DFCF President THOMAS J. PUCHER telefonisch den aktuellen Sachstand:

Due to the overwhelming success of "Falcon Crest" particularly in Europe, the DVD release will take place in Region 2 only at this time, beginning in Germany on April 3. The next release will take place in Spain shortly after that. Thr release in the United Kingdom is roughly scheduled later in 2009; WARNER BROS. (U.K.) has not decided on the exact release date for their domestic market yet.

WARNER BROS. has not made a final decision yet if an when there will be a Region 1 release.

There are plans to release the following seasons on DVD also. The final decision, however, depends on the sales figures per quarter of the year, which each foreign WARNER BROS. branch has to report to the studio headquarters in Burbank, CA / USA. So it is highly important that as many fans as possible buy the season 1 DVDs as soon as possible to secure a release of the later seasons."

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I will be buying it... How are German Releases with including an english audio track ?

10. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Not sure about this one but the German releases of the 70's Bionic shows have English audio track options.

I'm going to try and wait for the U.K. release for this one. If it gets delayed or otherwise runs into problems getting the UK set out, I'll get the German set.

That Fan Club info sounds a little "shaky" concerning an R1 release possibility. One more reason that I went Region-Free a few years ago.

11. DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy Agent

"Languages (availability depending on different versions in respective countries; list shows current status, additions may come at a later time):

American English

Deutsch (German)

Español (Spanish)

Subtitles (availability depending on different versions in respective countries; list shows current status, additions may come at a later time):

American English

Deutsch (German)

Español (Spanish)

Special information for region 2 DVD customers:

The original film to create both PAL and NTSC versions is identical. The TV stations of some countries might have edited or altered parts of some episodes when they aired the show in syndication; a typical example are manipulations of the main titles and the end credits, which might have been replaced with the dubbing crew of the respective countries or editorial staff from the foreign TV station. Please be advised that the video on the DVDs - fortunately - is the version of the show as it was originally broadcast on CBS in the U.S. without any manipulations.

In the region 2 DVD box, the video is equipped with multiple audio layers in different languages (availability depending on the country where they are sold). Scenes that were edited in the original foreign syndication are presented in their original English version, with the audio temporarily switching to English and subtitles in the respective foreign language being inserted automatically in these cases."

12. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Yep--that's not going to confuse anyone.

13. DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy Agent

The Region 2 version will play normally in English on a DVD player set to English. It's the German and Spanish versions which will change from German/Spanish to English for certain scenes which were edited out during the original broadcast in those countries. I understand this also happens on the DALLAS Season 9 German DVD for certain scenes.

So viewers in Germany and Spain will get to see certain scenes for the first time but of course in English.

14. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Oh ok--I understand now lol. I hope the new (to them) scenes are subtitled in their languages. I also hope we get a Region 1 release; although I will order it from Europe if it doesn't show up here. I have long noticed that Europeans and South Americans are far, far more receptive to our decadent 80s American soap operas; they love them! I wonder why Americans supposedly turn up their noses at such entertainment--these were highly rated shows in their day, however, they don't seem to be doing all that well on dvd (with the exception of Dallas). I hope this changes in the future--there's so many seasons of Knot's and Dynasty that I'd like to have. Falcon Crest is high on my list too.

15. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

16. jej2252

jej2252 Extra

Can't wait!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]