What's new

Faith Hill & Elvis specials on NBC (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was looking forward to both of these after seeing the promos, as I thought they were going to be two hours (well 90 minutes after commercials) of musical performances. Boy, was I wrong. The musical numbers themselves in both programs were OK, thankfully, but the rest of it...

AWFUL shows! Several of the Faith Hill numbers were interrupted by "behind the scenes" clips. I don't give a damn what they were talking about during production, I tuned in to see and hear Faith sing! As if that wasn't bad enough, there was even more behind the scenes clips between songs, taking away time from the actual music. Pointless blather and not an interesting word about the music.

Same with the Elvis show: a bunch of celebrities with a sometimes unclear connection to Elvis (John Corbett? Carson Daly?) talking about the usual crap: how he was the first rock'n'roll artist, how women wanted him and men wanted to be him, how he broke racial barriers and challenged the decency rules in media. Yawn. We've heard it all before! And if they do one more show where they compare him to white rappers today, I think I'm gonna slit my wrists. Especially if the rapper in case happens to be Kid Rock (a word of advice, pal: Elvis you're not).

The musical numbers were few and far between, and some of them were only a few seconds long. I would much have preferred hearing Dixie Chicks version of an Elvis song to being forced to listen to Bono's laughingly pretentious poem about the man...

The numbers that were in were good though, I loved Norah Jones' cover of "Are you lonesome tonight" for example.

Now that I think about it, both specials seemed more like promos for a DVD than real specials. I wonder if there'll be DVDs out soon with these two shows?

All in all, two very disappointing hours...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Micke,

Totally agree with your comments about the Norah Jones' version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" My reaction upon hearing the song was "They should release this as a single!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks