What's new

Fairy Tale Movies The Tournament (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I know what everyone is thinking. "Gee, how will brian vote?" Well, I honestly like Willy Wonka almost as much as The Princess Bride. If the first twenty-five minutes of Wonka wasn't so absolutely boring upon repeat viewings, it may have swung a vote from me. Perhaps if Charlie had to enter a "Bloodsport" type tournament to get the Golden Ticket. And then they could have ended the movie with Charlie having to defeat Wonka in a to the death street fight to get control of the company. That definitely would have gotten my vote. Ooooh, and instead of Oompa Loompa's, they could have lethal ninjas doing all the manual labor, and at midpoint in the film, the ninjas start a revolt against the fascist regime of Wonka and Charlie has to single handedly wreak havoc on them. But, they manage to kill his Grandpa (ala Rocky III or some such melodramatic crap), and that scars Charlie for life. Then his total annihilation of the ninjas wouldn't seem like a bloodthirsty rampage of pent up frustration over poverty as much as "street justice." But at any rate, there Must be a scene where Charlie kicks the holy living Hell out of a mime. Mime abuse = greatness.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
And your winner is............The Princess Bride . It beat out Will Wonka buy the score of 8 to 1.
Thanks all for playing.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Wow, thanks everyone for playing. I am glad you all enjoyed as much as I did. I already have another one in mind. See you all again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks