Faint Vertical Line on Tosh RPTV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Christopher_S, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Christopher_S

Christopher_S Stunt Coordinator

Point 1 - I love my new Toshiba 50H12.

Point 2 - I'm a bit anal about it.

Convergence of Points - There is a faint vertical line, not a black line but rather a thin line of greater brightness, which is sometimes (depending on what is being shown) visible at about a third of the way in from the left side of the display. You can see it best when looking at a bright, one-color background.

Is this familiar, and/or common, and/or something to be concerned about?

2. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

My Toshiba does this too. I have no idea what it is or why it happens though.

3. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

Unfortunately its probably the dreaded "Ghost line" that has haunted the last at least 3 years model lines. Its an absolute shame that they still havent taken care of it in engineering these sets...

4. Christopher_S

Christopher_S Stunt Coordinator

Well, at least I'm not imagining things. And it's something I can live with. Thanks for the responses, guys.

5. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

I've replied to posts like this before and I'm still unsure if my Toshiba TW56X81 suffers the same trouble. On my set I have removed the screen, rotated it 180 degrees and the line is actually, in my case, on the screen itself.

It is most noticeable when watching a hockey game, light background and horizontal action. In my case it seems like a screen manufacturing issue.

Steve