What's new

Facts of Life Season 4 May 4th (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I just read the news and I am so excited!!! The bonus of having the tv-movie makes this one of the most amazing releases to come. May 4th can't come soon enough for me. I've been waiting for this one for a long time. Hopefully, Shout will release all remaining seasons of this beloved 80's sitcom. I LOVE SHOUT!

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
This is totally unexpected but most certainly a great surprise! I hope Shout has some more surprises for us in store!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I buy so many SHOUT tv show releases etc, it is very exciting over there, esp with now releasing some of the Roger Corman films etc. I am excited for more RHODA and Designing Woman also.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Good news

I'm glad to see the Paris movie is on there, I enjoyed that and it's probably my second favorite of the bunch.

I wish Cruisin' was a season 4 episode, that's my favorite of the series. I hope if they reach season 6, that episode will survive intact. It has some music, such as You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin', an instrumental version (No singing) of Sugar Pie Honey Bunch, and a few others.

I don't think I've seen much (If not most) of this series, so I'm going to have to start picking it up now that Shout's picked it up to continue it. Are there many instances like Cruisin' throughout the series that will require music licensing and such?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, later on in the series is an episode with the song "Two Of Hearts" from Stacey Q... but I can't imagine that song would cost too much to license.

I believe the Jermaine Jackson episode has already been released on DVD.

And, there is an appearance from DeBarge later in the run. Once again, I don't see that music being too expensive. But, you never know.

Oh, and it's nice to see Shout is licensing something from Sony. Hopefully, this will open the floodgates.

Of course, I'm worried about edited episodes, but Shout has been working on fixing screw-ups like that with Rhoda and Father Knows Best releases, and they're releasing series we thought abandoned (Ironside, Bill Cosby Show) direct to the consumer through their website.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man
Oh, and it's nice to see Shout is licensing something from Sony. Hopefully, this will open the floodgates.
Not the first item Shout! has released that originated from Sony. Designing Women comes to mind, for starters.

Real Name
Brandon B.
I'm so happy to hear this! Knowing who owns this show, I was seriously beginning to think another season of this show on DVD would never come.
And if they keep going, they'll really be getting into my favorite years... so excited about this! /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rain
Does anyone know if the FOL sets sold better than Diff'rent Strokes ?
I've heard (anecdotal-ly, from my retail friends) that this was the case. Also, among TVShowsOnDVD voters, the overall rank of DS is 430th, while FOL is 11th (or "11st", as the site somehow tells it...I'll have to ask Gord to fix that when he gets back from his honeymoon).

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I picked up Season 4 yesterday at Barnes & Noble I don't think Best Buy is stocking it, from what I can tell from their checking store stock feature on their site. Although Barnes.com site price for online orders was a little over only $22.00 ish.

I watched the 2 Hour Trip to Paris tv movie/ episode, which is a nice addition, although the tone of it feels different from the show for sure. The TV movie seemed to be shot on film, although it isn't restored or anything. It is fine for this type of release.

The TV eps are of course on tape and look as good as only tape can look. Which is good, it doesn't hurt the enjoyment of the show.

the set is in a standard DVD clear style case, that houses the 4 discs.

For fans this Season 4 Set is a nice release. Here's to hoping for more seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks