What's new

Facts of Life S4 (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I still think Sony is making a big mistake by not going further with FOL on dvd. This could have been their "Golden Girls" series, the one they follow continuously until the end. God knows it has a following. Sitting on it sure isn't going to make them any money.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

The difference is that The Golden Girls has far more exposure in reruns than The Facts of Life. Up to six times a day on Lifetime obviously didn't hurt that show's DVD sales.

The following is there, I agree. But if it doesn't sell like Seinfeld, Sony's not interested. But the fans need to be writing to the studio and saying, "hey where's the rest of it?"

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I hope more people write and let Sony know. I've written them 3 letters already. And aol just did a "Where are they now?" photo segment. Now is the time Sony. Release more FOL!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I would say the first season of FOL is the "trainwreck season". The last season wasn't so hot, but season eight, the first year with Beverly Ann, was one of the best IMO. Most people who hate season 8 were Mrs. Garrett fans who refused to accept a show without her (even tho Garrett was missing for much of seasons 6 and 7), but people who can accept Beverly Ann generall seem to like season 8.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I loved that first seson of FOL. Diff'rent Strokes for different folks, certainly.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just watched the first episode (2 parter) with Jo. The girl cried on cue at one point. VEry impressive. I can see why Jo was my favorite when I was in my teens. Now I have to say, if I had a daughter I'd want her to be just like Jo.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Still, I miss all the other girls. Ringwald shows up for a just a short scene. Many of the others are gone.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Even though the first season wasn't great, it was okay. The fact that a syndication print or two crept into that collection left a sour taste in my mouth, along with Sony plastering their new logo at the end of each episode, sometimes before the credits faded to black!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There was no logo until season 4. The animated Embassy logo did not make its debut until about November/December 1982 (before that it was in-credit), and it was the only network-airing logo of any shows from Norman Lear's company.

Sony is notoriously bad with keeping logos intact; Embassy miraculously remained on Silver Spoons and 227, the Screen Gems logo on one episode of I Dream of Jeannie and two TV movies, and the 1980s Columbia TV logo on a couple TV movies, but most everything else has Sony Pictures Television tacked on in place of it.

As for lengths, what can I say that hasn't already been said, other than why the very first episode runs a minute shorter than all the others?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure about the first episode but one of the other episodes is definitely edited. I saw some screencaps of the cut footage on another site. It would have been fine if Sony had placed their new logo AFTER the credits had faded out but the Sony Pictures logo begins before some episodes have even faded completely.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
It still amazes me that Season 4 of Facts has not been released with the obvious demand for the show on dvd. They blame poor sales yet they went and released Season 2 of Barney Miller. Not that I have anything against Barney Miller but let's be straight about how they are releasing shows. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their method.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Look at how they finally decided to release Partridge Family season 3--a series that should have been wrapped up a long time ago. By all rights, we should already be on season 7 of FOL at this point. Sony is truly bleeeech. Too bad we don't have the good ole execs from Screen Gems in the '60s here now--they would be aghast at how SG/Columbia shows are being treated in regards to DVD releases.

ryan1993

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Johnson
I agree so much Sony needs to geton the ball with things Season 7 of Bewitched should be out by now!!!!!!!!!! And Season 4 of FOL should have been out a long time ago and as for Diff Strokes way long time ago!!!!!!

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Heck, we should be at Bewitched: The Complete Series at this point! LOL

ryan1993

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Johnson
ik tell me about it it's actually sad that sony is a world wide company and that is they release schedule. Below is what I think
Bewithed: Complete Series
Diffrent Strokes Complete Series
Facts of Life Season 8 or 9
Partridge Family Complete Series

tron1971

Auditioning
Real Name
Tran
The Facts of Life was my favorite comedy show growing up in the 80's. I am also disappointed with Sony inability to release timely season dvds. Compare with Sony, CBS is doing a stellar job in releasing Family Ties, which came out after the first 3 seasons of The Facts of Life was release.

I was surprise with the quick release of Season 4 of Family Ties, and not only that but CBS, included the tv-movie Family Ties Goes to London. I am eagerly awaiting for the Season 5 release of Family Ties.

I wish Sony will get their act together and stop releasing mini-episodes of The Facts of Life, and get on with the dvds.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I've said it before. It amazes me how many posts I see with fans inquiring about more seasons of FOL on dvd. Yet Sony complains that low-sales was the deciding factor for not releasing more seasons. Huh?!? :confused:

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I'll be content to just get Season 4, as that has all my favorite "special episode" episodes. Anything that happens afterwards, good or bad, is beyond my realm of caring. Season 4 is the best - it shows how Jo and Blair really got to bonding with common issues, such as having less-than-caring parents. Blair getting a note and money from her father instead of a father, for instance, as Jo looks on in a caring way that breaks your heart. For someone she doesn't much care for, Jo really cares about Blair, and this season really shows it.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Oh, I remember that about this season. Now I really wish this was coming out before year's end. :frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That actress playing Jo is excellent. I'm constantly impressed. I've been nursing Season 2 even though I have S3 on hand. I'm just gonna be sad when I make it to S4 and there ain't gonna be no S4 to buy. :frowning:

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Sony will put out series packs of shows they've long since put out in their entirety season by season but they won't carry on with shows like this one or All in the Family? Then they have the gall to whine about poor sales? What a joke!:angry: Sony should be ashamed of itself for such poor decision making.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks