What's new

F.B.I. from WBA (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Warner Archive is clearly fast-tracking the show now so I think it's safe to predict it will be finished on DVD before 2014 is over.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Right now, I'm taking my chances that this will eventually generate a complete series set that I can get for a discount with all pressed disks. We'll see. At these prices, I'd rather take the pain all at once anyway.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Has the archive put out a complete series boxset (other than single season series like Girl from U.N.C.L.E.)?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
No they haven't and it doesn't seem to fit their model but since they haven't completed any series yet its tough to say for sure if they will or not. There is a very strong chance that they will complete Courtship of Eddie's Father, Tarzan and Cheyenne this year so we can see what happens then.
Mike*HTF said:
Has the archive put out a complete series boxset (other than single season series like Girl from U.N.C.L.E.)?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Randy Korstick said:
No they haven't and it doesn't seem to fit their model but since they haven't completed any series yet its tough to say for sure if they will or not. There is a very strong chance that they will complete Courtship of Eddie's Father, Tarzan and Cheyenne this year so we can see what happens then.
Personally, think it would make a lot of sense for them to do it, at least on a limited basis. A lot of people prefer to buy complete sets of series anyway. After they complete The F.B.I., they are going to have to think of a new purchaser who is interested in The F.B.I. Given that the purchaser might have some resistance to buying all 9 seasons a something like $450 at one time, would it make more sense for the Archive to take the chance on him buying each season (or half season) individually or try to offfer the alternative of selling the complete series at somewhere between $200 and $300? I think offering a complete series option would be a wise move for them.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I was glad to see Warner Brothers has made Season 5 of The FBI available! I ordered my set last night and hope it means i will be able to get pressed discs. That is why I have been buying The FBI Season 3, 4, and now 5 very soon after they are announced; to get pressed discs. I am currently watching over 20 series in episode order and I don't get to watch that much TV so it will take me a long time to hopefully watch the FBI. I am only on about the 8th episode of Season 1! I wanted to ask other forum members if they felt the same way as I do. I would like to see all seasons released as soon as possible, even if it may take me years to watch them! Something about knowing all seasons are available is comforting! I was hoping Warner Brothers would speed up the releases and lets hope they will! Hopefully Warners will release 3 Seasons a year instead of 2. If they do, Season 9 of The FBI could come out next year!2013 Season 4 February2013 Season 5 June2013 Season 6 October ????2014 Season 7 February ????2014 Season 8 June ????2014 Season 9 October ????It would be nice! What do other members think? Anyway thanks Warner Brothers Archives!Robert

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Got my F.B.I. Season 5 dvds in the mail today, and they are "pressed" dvds again, in case anyone was wondering. Split into two half-season sets like last time. Can't wait to dive in but I was on a Mannix marathon and am only half way through season 2. May have to pause Mannix for the FBI - love this show!

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
stuartfanning said:
For those interested in seeing how tv shows were originally broadcast, here is The FBI second season episode: 'Flight Plan' complete and unedited as originally aired in 1967. Sponsor tags, original commercials and the promo for next weeks episode are included of course.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12phwg_the-fbi-2nd-season-episode-flight-plan-complete-unedited-as-originally-aired-5march1967_shortfilms
Used your link and did all kinds of searches. Not there.

Harry

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Sorry Harry. WB got there before you and had DailyMotion take it off the site. Previously they got YouTube to do it too. I did not think WB would monitor DailyMotion!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
It's OK. I saw them when they originally aired on ABC. Always loved the theme and the opening with the "Ford Motor Company Presents..." line. I've heard it through YouTube before, but your post intrigued me.

Harry

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Season 6 now out! And in continuing with the trend with S2 of "Tarzan" and S3 of "Maverick", this is in a single volume now.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Already got my ship announcement! It's nice that Warner took care of all three titles I was interested most in at this point all at once (Tarzan, Maverick, The FBI). Unless they come up with a new title, this will be it for me until either S2 of Kildare or the next releases of FBI and Maverick.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
My Season 6 set arrived today - factory pressed dvds and all 26 episodes on 6 discs in one nice case. I hope this squeezing down of episodes to use less discs and space hasn't hurt the visual quality too much.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Season 7 now available so I think that will cinch the chance for the show to be finished by year's end with the remaining two releases coming at the same four month intervals we've been seeing.

When the Archive program began, this was the #1 show I wanted them to tackle and its been gratifying to see they made it among the first wave and have continued it with no needless worrying on my part that the full run might not make it.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm continuing to enjoy each new release, but I would not be candid in failing to acknowledge that by this point in the run, one can see a dip in quality of the episodes. I think part of it is because of the long-ago decision in S1 to jettison any hints of a private life for Lew Erskine or any of the other regulars it has the result of making them seem like non-entity figures with each passing season who professionally do the job but never get emotionally caught up in the story unless its one of the occasional episodes where Erskine must go undercover and infiltrate an operation. If the earlier seasons gave us more of a blend of the Dragnet style procedure with the Naked City human interest drama in the criminals, by this point the balance is 100% the lattter which means great guest star showcases but not much for the series leads (William Reynolds as Tom Colby suffers the most). What "The FBI" used to do best in its earliest seasons, by this point was being done better by "Hawaii Five-O".

I've also noticed a change in the scripts that clearly reflect a response to pressure group demands in the early 70s to reduce violence in TV. In all of the S7 episodes I've noticed, not once is an actual murder committed. EVERY time there is a shooting, beating, the victim never suffers worse than a coma or is critically injured and thus murder never becomes an actual charge against the criminals. This has the effect of making things a little too pat and weakens the credibility of the stories more in contrast to earlier years.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Regarding silver-sided (pressed) discs, have the Warner Archive reduced the amount of initial copies of The FBI season sets which have silver-sided discs, since the fifth season was released?

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
The 2-part "Mastermind" story maybe my favorite FBI episodes that I have seen yet.

Part 1 was very well done with well rounded characters.
And what a list of guest stars as the villians, a who's who 60's-70's TV scumbags.
Braford Dillmon, Steve Inhat, Scott Marlowe, and Clu Gruger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks