What's new

F.B.I. from WBA (1 Viewer)

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
WaveCrest said:
Stuart, are Movietyme a reliable DVD/Blu-ray shopping website (with regards to packaging - items not getting damaged in the post, postage and packing charges/delivery times and customer service)? Have never heard of Movietyme. Their website layout and presentation looks a bit like PlayUSA's, Play.com's former sister website.
I got the Season 2 The FBI DVD's from them recently. I ordered them separately and received them separately to avoid Customs charges. As it turned out they were mailed from within the UK, so I assume they bulk ship into the UK then repackage here. So they arrived in good condition.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Encouraging news about the third season (and beyond) of The F.B.I., with the progress the Warner Archive are making with the series (news update posted by Henry in the mammoth black and white TV shows discussion thread).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It is good news, because that gives me hope that a key S4 episode I want to see might be on DVD before the year ends!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Latest FB news from WAC on this, though not really news still the most recent word; "S3 coming up shortly.....with more seasons to follow with less lag time in-between."

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Jack, on the discs in your copies of the two half season volume sets of the second season of The FBI, did they have circular marks on the shiny side? The discs in my copies of the half season sets for the second season have circular marks on the shiny side, but the discs play fine. Wasn't as bad with the first season half volume sets.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Season 3 now available from Warner Archive at a lower base price of $29.95 per volume. This is the first with William Reynolds as Zimbalist's new partner, Tom Colby (a big year for Reynolds on DVD between this and "The Gallant Men"!), who would remain with the series through Season 8 (and a couple unbilled appearances in Season 9) and it also marked a slightly different title sequence that in syndication would result in a greater truncation of the theme music due to the "Ford Motor Company presents" announcement. I had asked the Warner rep at Facebook if an effort would be made to restore some of the title sequences back to their original format and the indication was they would try to do so where they could (they did restore the Ford presents opening on the sole two part episode of Season 2).
We've had a little less than five months since Season 2, and I hope we can get a shorter wait for S4 since one of my "grail" episodes of the series is from there! At any rate, order is placed (I go next day shipping for this title!) and I will be looking forward to it. Thanks, Warner Archive!

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Jack,
Thanks for turning me on to this show!
Before these DVDs were released, I had never seen an episode of the FBI. Now, it is one of my favorite crime dramas.
I'm buying each season as it is released, even though I'm still viewing Season 1 Vol 1. The picture quality is excellent as well. I'm a big fan of WB right now.
Another strong effort by Quinn Martin!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Good News on Season 3. I'm still on Season one vol. 2. I had never seen the show before either. It keeps getting better and better so I think I'm in for the run. I already have Season 2 so I'll probably wait for a sale for season 3 but glad to see its out.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I figured this would be a good purchase to use that, member specific, Insider Rewards $10.00 off free shipping coupon WB/WAC sent out when they closed the Insider Rewards program recently, before I forget I had it.
F.B.I. Trivia: continuity error... Erskine is very inconsistent in what side-arm he carries...sometimes it's a snub-nosed .38, longer-barrel .38, or snub-nosed .357 Magnum.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I vaguely remember receiving an email like this too but can't seem to find it anywhere. Is this a general coupon code or specfic to an account?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The fine print on the email says: "One discount per customer, one time use only...non-transferable".
I received the email on Aug 21,2012. Subject Line. "Thanks for being a Member. Special Offer Just For You."
If you can't find your number, try ordering by phone. Maybe they have a record of your email and will give you the discount. Your number is good until 12/31/12.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
You can also use DEALS10 to get $10 off orders over $50--it changes the shipping from free to $2.50, though. It worked for me...

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
No luck with a customer assistant regarding the email code. I tried DEALS10 but after WB added shipping and tax - it turned out to be about a dollar cheaper through DD.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Got my set today! Transfers look the same as Seasons 1 and 2 which is to say, good, but a little soft in those red letter graphics they used. So far, through three episodes, I have not seen a restored Ford motor company tag in the intro, which alas means severely truncated theme music compared to Seasons 1 and 2, but I'm hoping we will see a restored one at some point as the Facebook rep indicated some months back they would try to do (there is one two part episode which seems likely for this as a two part episode in S2 did have a restored Ford announcement).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And just like that, episode 4 of S3, "The Traitor" has a restored "Next The FBI in Color" bumper and a restored Ford mention in the credits! And this finally confirms for me that even with the Ford mention, the theme music was overall cut down starting in S3 and not restored to its original S1-2 length until Season 9.
Thanks to Warner Archive for coming through on the promise to restore these where possible and I'll see in the end how many more are restored over the course of the season.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
hypnohighball said:
Got my 2 dvd sets of season 3 today, and it looks like these are indeed, like the Harry O and Lieutenant sets, factory pressed. Yay! :)
Yesss! I'm assuming mine will be pressed too (arriving tomorrow). WA seems to have figured out that doing a pressing on the first run is an economically advantageous option...which is good news for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks