What's new

EZ CD Creator Question (1 Viewer)

Donovan

Agent
How do you get EZ CD Creator (4.03) to recognize 80 minute blank CDs? I can't get the software to burn 75 minutes worth of music on a disc. Does anyone know how to do this?
Donovan
------------------

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
The Roxio.com site swears that Easy CD 4 and up supports 80min CDs, but I've never been able to get my 4.03 to write more than 74min/650mb on my Plextor.
Nero has no such problems, which is why I don't use EZCD any more.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Are you setting the burn mode to "Mode 2"? If not, that would explain why you cant overburn to 80 mins

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Mode 2 was selected.
The application doesn't recognise an 80min blank in the drive. It just spits it out and whines about the disc not being big enough.

Donovan

Agent
Guys, a new problem popped up today. When I tried to put an audio CD into my CD-RW drive, I got a message saying there was an I/O error. How do I fix this? All the devices in my device manger checked out fine and my DVD player works flawlessly. Any ideas?
I'm running:
win2000
Creative DVD
Plextor 16/10/40a
Thanks again.
Donovan

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
At the bottom of the screen on EZ CD creator is a toolbar with the words "Estimated Time Available......." or something like that. Double-click on it and you should be able to pick 80-minutes instead of 74.
Can't help you with you I/O problem though.....

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
EZCD 5 has proper 80 Min support. The bar goes to 80 min, has a marker for 74 and tells you how much space is available for either size.
------------------

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
Rob - I'm stumped then. FYI, I'm using v4.02E1 and haven't had a problem with it recognizing 80-minute CDRs. I find it weird though that considering all the automation going on nowadays that it doesn't recognize 80-minute discs automatically.
This may be pretty obvious but have you tried downloading patches and/or getting in touch with Adaptec Tech Support??

Len Cheong

Second Unit
I have version 4.02c and I can burn onto 80 minute Sony cdrs. The 74minute bar below does not change to 80 minutes though. It just says 6 minutes overtime but it still lets me burn.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I'm on 4.03, but to be honest I stopped using EZCD some time ago. This thread peaked my curiosity again, but it's no big deal. I just find Nero to be a more accurate and reliable package, both for ripping and writing.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.