Extra sub woofer for HTIB

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by legacy2080, Sep 20, 2013.

1. legacy2080

legacy2080 New User

Aswathi
    Hello Friends

I am having a Panasonic HTIB, it’s an old model SA-KT930 and its comes with sub an active WA930, for the main system, power is providing by the sub, and the connection to the speakers too. What my question is I have another WA930 (same as original) which is given by my friend. I would like to connect it to the system, is it possible? What are the precautions I have to take?

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    You are going to have to provide pictures of the connections of this subwoofer. I can't find any information...anywhere.

3. legacy2080

legacy2080 New User

Aswathi
    Ohh...... there is a typo, the actual home theater model is panasonic SC -HT930. and the sub is SB-WA930. And the panasonic system cable (25 pin) is using to communicate between main unit and sub. This is the main issue I am facing. Its not easy to understand the roll of each cable. What I am thinking to cut one cable and connect new sub cable there, with matching the color code of cabll.("Y" connection), but really no idea about what will be the result. I am not an electronics expert. I dont know what signals are coming to sub from Main unit and the signals sending back to main from Sub. Probably most of the cable are using to bring the signals from main unit to sub, except the power cables.

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Letting us know HT930 isn't helping either. How old is this thing?

Take a pic of the connections.

But the answer is probably no...it won't work.

The "non-ability to upgrade" is the number one reason to never buy a craptastic HTiB.